Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbines Available Now!

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    any 10mm ammo to go with the carbine ,, seems impossible to find 10mm FMJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Where did you hear that from?

I've seen plenty of Hi-point pistols sold with 10 round mags. All of them actually.
    Special bulletin 72

2. Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the limit of five cartridges.

Example:
    Hi-Point rifle and handgun chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:

magazine capacities over five rounds are prohibited.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    10rd pistol mags are legal in the TDC and JRC. Hi-Point is 5.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Special bulletin 72

2. Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the limit of five cartridges.

Example:
    Hi-Point rifle and handgun chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:

magazine capacities over five rounds are prohibited.
    Someone should tell all of the Hi-Point vendors that their pistols sold with 10-round mags are illegal.

I know of one vendor alone who probably has a hundred Hi-Point pistols in stock. All of them sold with 10 round mags.

Either you're wrong, or they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Someone should tell all of the Hi-Point vendors that their pistols sold with 10-round mags are illegal.

I know of one vendor alone who probably has a hundred Hi-Point pistols in stock. All of them sold with 10 round mags.

Either you're wrong, or they are.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

My only intention here are that no one get caught with a 10 rounder in his 995, as every single mag i've bought for it was 10rds and I pinned them to 5, but I was lucky enough to read the law before receiving my 995.

Again these are all good with 10 rds
    Jr carbine
    Sub2k
    Thureon defence

Berretta Cx4 storm could be argued to be in the same boat as the 995 .

I'd also like to add that i've own a TD and a sub2K and the 995 is by far the most reliable, pretty accurate, and even though its only polymer it feels solid in hand (more than the TD ironically)

Hope that help someone

i was about to start throwing money at my screen until I realized the Hi-Point was restricted

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by --PA-- View Post
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

My only intention here are that no one get caught with a 10 rounder in his 995, as every single mag i've bought for it was 10rds and I pinned them to 5, but I was lucky enough to read the law before receiving my 995.

Again these are all good with 10 rds
    Jr carbine
    Sub2k
    Thureon defence

Berretta Cx4 storm could be argued to be in the same boat as the 995 .

I'd also like to add that i've own a TD and a sub2K and the 995 is by far the most reliable, pretty accurate, and even though its only polymer it feels solid in hand (more than the TD ironically)

Hope that help someone
    There is no way the cx-4 could be in the same boat. The beretta 92 was around long before the cx-4. You might be thinking of the magazines that came with the rifles when they first got here, they were stamped cx-4 and thus prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    There is no way the cx-4 could be in the same boat. The beretta 92 was around long before the cx-4. You might be thinking of the magazines that came with the rifles when they first got here, they were stamped cx-4 and thus prohibited.
    If a manufacturer sell a pistol and a semi-automatic rifle with the same mags, the mags can be considered dual purpose and must be pinned to the lowest (ie 5) so even if the 92 is 100 years old changes nothing.

Thats just like all 25 rounders for the 715T being prohib because of the 715P, the 715T was out for a while mags are still prohib.

Only reason I'm saying cx4 might be in the same boat is because Berretta produces both rifles and pistol same as HiPoint which could be considered Cat 2 in the link I posted

Tdc, jrc, and sub 2K fall in cat 4 as the use other manufacturers mags.

BANNED
    The berreta in the 92/96 variation falls under the same category as glock, 1911 and any other categories of pre-existing pistol magazines.

The way it works is this, it is what the magazine is designed for not the gun you use it in...Make sense? It's not supposed to.

The magazines that were stamped cx-4 were deemed prohibited because they were marked CX-4... Her Majesty's Cowboys decided that they are designed for the carbine and thereby limited to 5 rounds. In went the 2cent pop rivet preventing millions of dead kittens. Now the importers of the Beretta cx-4 pistol calibre carbine import them with "pistol magazines," no markings other than the standard pistol markings of caliber and manufacturer.

Just to further complicate things... The 92/96 magazines are a different breed. It's been reported on the Internet that you can use a 96 magazine in a 92 magazine well. Apparently, this gives the shooter a few extra rounds. 14? Again, legal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Maybe bring this discussion to the Legalese section rather than pollute a sponsor's section with it.

Hi-Point has the disadvantages of being Restricted and 5rds, but it's still a fun carbine. I highly recommend the TD carbine. It's the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast