Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Norinco NS522 Has opened my eyes!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rustysdream View Post
    I have FTE-s. Usually, the spent case sits on top of the next round and I have to use my fingers to take it out but I haven't ruled out ammo issue yet. I've tried at least 10 different brands of ammo so far but I didn't pay attention to which ammo I had FTE with.
    Weak ejection is a known problem on the 522. The consensus opinion, gathered from my reading of old threads, is that the bolt of the 522 has to be manipulated "vigorously". I have the same problem you do if I try to finesse the bolt. Opening it and retracting it smartly seems to help with this issue.

CGN Regular
    nik1024, the 522 bolt has an extractor on one side and a cartridge guide on the other. Both of my bolts look like yours.

Yep, I think the issue is the cartridge guide (LH side of bolt) is not shaped properly on any of these 522s. On mine it's particularly shaped badly so that it won't even feed correctly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by minimouse View Post
    Weak ejection is a known problem on the 522. The consensus opinion, gathered from my reading of old threads, is that the bolt of the 522 has to be manipulated "vigorously". I have the same problem you do if I try to finesse the bolt. Opening it and retracting it smartly seems to help with this issue.
    I think most Anshutz and Anshutz style .22 have this problem, my sons CIL 180 will just dribble the round out onto the feed ramp unless, as you said, it is vigorously operated, no big deal! nik1024, I would make sure there are no burrs in those spring channels of the ejector or holder before removing material from the holder/ejector, just in case, that may be preventing the system from moving and allowing the shell to lay flush!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

this might be your answer from another thread to your weak ejection issue :
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I explained this earlier, but it was a while back.

The NS522 has a match chamber. The
    Difference between a match and a sporter (most .22 rifles) is that the chamber is "shorter" so when some brands of ammo are longer than others, they engage the rifling much deeper than other brands. There is no bur, but if you have never had a match chambered rifle before it can seem like something is off.

Measure a round of something that is easy to chamber from rim to tip and do the same with CCI to see what I mean. Make sure you use a half decent set of calipers too. The difference may be very slight, so the ruler on a swiss army knife is out as a tool of choice here!

Here is a sweet link with your issue explained by a match barrel company
    http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/chamber_info.htm

Thanks for all the info guys, I dropped mine off at the gunsmith for a detailed inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by nik1024 View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys, I dropped mine off at the gunsmith for a detailed inspection.
    Seriously? You give a 200$ gun to a gunsmith to check it? Why don't you just put it on the EE for 250$+ shipping and buy an other?
    "Are you silly? I’m still gonna send it..."
    -Larry Enticer

Quote Originally Posted by minimouse View Post
    I agree. The bolt should be manhandled.
    “The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.” — Delos B. McKown
    CSSA member

Quote Originally Posted by FAQMAT View Post
    Seriously? You give a 200$ gun to a gunsmith to check it? Why don't you just put it on the EE for 250$+ shipping and buy an other?
    I sense sarcasm, anyways I dropped it off with special instructions to find or make me an Anschutz 54 style cartridge retainer. I figure if I can spend an extra 100$ and get a gun that works correctly I am better off than just rolling the dice with a return. I will let you guys know what we come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by nik1024 View Post
    Anybody else's extractors look like this:
    And the problem, no where for rim of cartridge to be:

I am also curious if someone else who has one of these that mag feeds correctly could take a pic of the extractors.

CAN AM is on the ball and already offered warranty, thanks for the great service!
    Is that not the "ejector" which flips the spent casing out of the action? On another note, I sure wish CanAm would ship mine! I paid for it 14 days ago and still nothing.
    Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which hold forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.