Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-103

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewma02 View Post
    CanAm, out of curiosity, what has been going on over in China. 2 guns high on my list are no longer being made (jw103 and jw21). Are the factories moving on to new and better products, or getting out of the gun trade?
    My gut tells me (based on no factual information what so ever) that many of the guns we have been buying have been made and stored for quite a while, so "new" guns for us may have been out of production for years before we ever even saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by dand883 View Post
    My gut tells me (based on no factual information what so ever) that many of the guns we have been buying have been made and stored for quite a while, so "new" guns for us may have been out of production for years before we ever even saw them.
    Agreed-and the abrupt closing of the gargantuan American market has led to the continual supply -long after the production has ceased.NOS-new old stock...

Quote Originally Posted by m6tlogistics View Post
    Agreed-and the abrupt closing of the gargantuan American market has led to the continual supply -long after the production has ceased.NOS-new old stock...
    My thoughts exactly. But I find it hard to believe the massive Chinese war machine, would just up and quit manufacturing firearms (other than t97s and m14). Especially when they dominate the budget forearms niche in both Canada and nz/Australia. Maybe they are just shifting focus from civilian to military (full auto for sale to armies)

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    the old, hand fitted, manual machine-tool designs are going away. Some new designs are coming in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Zastava.
    10X the Quality for a few hundred bucks more.

The single shot Baikal's are good value too and easy to clean.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Zastava.
    10X the Quality for a few hundred bucks more.

The single shot Baikal's are good value too and easy to clean.
    But at that rate, a couple extra bucks could score a quality .308!
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post
    But at that rate, a couple extra bucks could score a quality .308!
    Or 30-06, 300 win mag etc..... what's your point?
    I'm guessing that most of the interest in a 7.62X39 is cheap surplus practice ammo.

At the end of the day the guns are the cheap part of the investment and a quality gun will hold most of it's value.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

my only issue with high quality guns is the initial price. just a personal preference i would opt for a larger variety over higher quality in terms of budget limitations. in fact, ive come to enjoy tuning norinco firearms, and i do it for personal satisfaction not resale value. i agree they are a little rough around the edges but i have never had a problem with their products after some TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    the old, hand fitted, manual machine-tool designs are going away. Some new designs are coming in.
    care to elaborate?
    if not can i assume you are implying more use of polymer over wood?

My JW-103

"Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast