Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rio Shotgun Shells

Rio Shotgun Shells

It seems like you guys are one of the only ones that I can find that carry Rio (from the digging I've done so far)
    Are you guys able to get in the 20 gauge #1 Buckshot 2 3/4" Shells? It appears they're one of the only legal factpry loads for 20 gauge in shot only areas of BC!

Expired Business Member
    We will see what we can get from our distributors!

Thanks! (I posted up looking for it on some local forums, and there have been a few others since last night who said they'd be interested in it.

You ever end up having luck with this?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
    You ever end up having luck with this?
    Not yet!! No ETA

I'm interested too, Vancouver Island's shot-only area for smallish blacktail does would be a good market for Rio's #1 Buckshot Shells. I could just use my full size 12 gauge I guess, but I like my compact little .22/20ga savage with its rifle sights. Provided it patterns alright there's no reason it wouldn't do the job at a reasonable range.

CGN Regular
    Federal loads #3 buck in 20 guage. Maybe you guys would have an easier time finding that?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In a shell scrape 300 metres behind you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushbum40 View Post
    Federal loads #3 buck in 20 gauge. Maybe you guys would have an easier time finding that?
    But it's not #1...

I'd buy a case also if you can get it, I've been using the Federal #1 in 12 gauge and it's the bomb-diggity...

blake

Quote Originally Posted by Bushbum40 View Post
    Federal loads #3 buck in 20 guage. Maybe you guys would have an easier time finding that?
    #1 buck 8 pellet is the legal (and likely ethical) minimum for deer in BC.
    I was after it for the van island buckshot zones as well (I talked to both of Rio's Canadian distributors/importers, and neither one has ever brought it in to Canada before. One of them was totally open to ordering it in (can't remember which off hand)

Quote Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
    #1 buck 8 pellet is the legal (and likely ethical) minimum for deer in BC.
    I was after it for the van island buckshot zones as well (I talked to both of Rio's Canadian distributors/importers, and neither one has ever brought it in to Canada before. One of them was totally open to ordering it in (can't remember which off hand)
    BUMP!

I've been looking for these as well... seems like for the same reason everyone else is (V. Isl. buckshot only zone). I don't have a 12G so finding these for my 20G is the only option I have if I want to try my luck hunting there this fall.

If a distributor was looking to bring these in, I'd be willing to sign up to buy a sizeable number. I'd hope that if there's several interested buyers, it might make sense for one of Rio's distributors to do this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast