Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rio Shotgun Shells

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brunstei View Post
    Not sure if that applies in my case - I'm dual citizenship. Unless I misunderstand the law, perfectly legal for me to purchase ammunition in WA for my personal use, and to import it back with me to BC as long as I declare it and show my PAL... but I haven't tested this and I'd prefer not to!
    It's not the Importing that is the issue, canada doesn't care as long as it's under the number of rounds allowed and you pay your tax, it's the Exporting from the US where the whole "go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $100" issue comes up. Even if you're a US citizen you need the right export permits.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMY View Post
    But to advertise another company in their forum is bad etiquette. Doesn't matter if they have them or not.
    I went back to edit the post/pull the info once I realised what forum it was in, but it won't let me edit

Quote Originally Posted by brunstei View Post
    Not sure if that applies in my case - I'm dual citizenship. Unless I misunderstand the law, perfectly legal for me to purchase ammunition in WA for my personal use, and to import it back with me to BC as long as I declare it and show my PAL... but I haven't tested this and I'd prefer not to!
    as dand883 says,
    In your case you'd need to be an approved importer as well as exporter to export/import from/to yourself. It's a ridiculous stupid system (i looked into it a bunch when I was trying to figure out how to get this ammo)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMY View Post
    But to advertise another company in their forum is bad etiquette. Doesn't matter if they have them or not.
    Point taken, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
    as dand883 says,
    In your case you'd need to be an approved importer as well as exporter to export/import from/to yourself. It's a ridiculous stupid system (i looked into it a bunch when I was trying to figure out how to get this ammo)
    Ugh. Ok, so much for THAT option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123