Thread: Just a question...

Just a question...

This is based on my past history with your business...

Say I come in and wish to purchase a shotgun barrel.

Will your employee demand to see my PAL? We both know that this is not required by any laws at all.
    Last edited by Hook; 09-10-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Business Member
    Hook; I am not certain of the circumstances as to why you may have been asked to show your PAL, but I can assure you it was not for the purchase of parts.
    Other than a firearms and/or ammunition purchase, we will only request to see a PAL to confirm eligibility to purchase restricted or prohibited firearms and who might wish to handle these in the store. On many occasions we have had clients without the appropriate tier of PAL and we are still pleased to show these arms to our clientele but we must handle and demonstrate it for the client.
    Please advise the circumstances under which you were asked to produce your PAL in order that I might review our procedures to ensure that lawful compliance is met.
    If this venue is not appropriate to discuss this matter further, please feel free to speak with me directly via telephone, email or stop by.

Gord.

Quote Originally Posted by MilArm View Post
    Hook; I am not certain of the circumstances as to why you may have been asked to show your PAL, but I can assure you it was not for the purchase of parts.
    Other than a firearms and/or ammunition purchase, we will only request to see a PAL to confirm eligibility to purchase restricted or prohibited firearms and who might wish to handle these in the store. On many occasions we have had clients without the appropriate tier of PAL and we are still pleased to show these arms to our clientele but we must handle and demonstrate it for the client.
    Please advise the circumstances under which you were asked to produce your PAL in order that I might review our procedures to ensure that lawful compliance is met.
    If this venue is not appropriate to discuss this matter further, please feel free to speak with me directly via telephone, email or stop by.

Gord.
    I was refused a lawful purchase of a Mossberg 500 shotgun barrel because I refused to show my PAL. We both know that this is not required. An 8 year old with the proper funds can legally purchase that item. I said just that to your employee, and he proudly said, "They can't do that here!" "I want to see your PAL!"

What about LAR-15 magazines? Will your employees inquire about where I wish to use an approved magazine? What are the legal regulations to purchase such a part? After pointing out a Butler Creek 10/22 25rd displayed in a Ruger Charger the employee did see my point.

Gord?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    I don't know what Gord's policies are, but I work a block away from his store and shop there regularly. That neighborhood has gone through some changes with the additions of all the facilities for homeless people, and hate to say it but a fair amount of seedy characters. I wouldn't blame Gord for asking to see a PAL for anyone walking into the firearms isle.

Having that said and have purchased many firearms, Milarm records only what is required by law. They don't operate a private registry like P&D down the road, and they never record your drivers lic number when buying guns or ammo.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

Let the pee pee swords begin!

P.S. Hook, we both know you could shop elsewhere, LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    Let the pee pee swords begin!

P.S. Hook, we both know you could shop elsewhere, LMAO!!!
    I do, and I encourage everyone I meet to do the same.