Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Scout in 5.56 NATO coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUAREHEAD1 View Post
    Not very accurate, I have A couple friends who have The 308 version at the club… they were getting 3 inch groups at 100 meters, not quite what you would expect out of a bolt gun.
    Awesome looking gun though…
    Quote Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
    With irons or an optic?
    Good question, I've seen guys complain about the accuracy of a remmy 700, tried explaining to them that they had a flinch but they were dead set that it was the gun.
    A man can only ever be as free as his willingness and capability to defend that freedom allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Probably the exact same outer diameter barrel for both the .308 and .5.56 so there is more metal mass in the 5.56 barrel. Just my guess.
    This is true for a lot of rifles, since the manufacturers tend to use the same barrel profile. The Ruger American in 308 weighs less than the same rifle in 223

Quote Originally Posted by evolture View Post
    Nevermind I found my answer:

I guess it isn't that heavy. I'd just expect that since it is such a smaller caliber it wouldn't weigh more.
    I'm willing to bet that the bbl and bolt are exactly the same and there is more material on the bolt face and the difference between the chamber size and barrel diameter easily account for 45g of steel.

It doesn't take AR or AI mags. It doesn't even take Mini 14 mags.
    Makes the Mossberg MVP patrol the obvious choice in my opinion.

CGN frequent flyer
    Dont see many of those up here either.

As far as negatives from the US, the whole RGR thing doesn't seem that affected by what Cooper wanted in a scout, but he would have hated anything in.223.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Superbrad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogcat View Post
    It doesn't take AR or AI mags. It doesn't even take Mini 14 mags.
    Makes the Mossberg MVP patrol the obvious choice in my opinion.
    Unless of course you actually want a quality rifle.....

I am sure this will appeal to some folks, but I personally would have been all over one if they made one in a bigger caliber than the 308 instead of a smaller one.....
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    I came close to buying one, but it seemed to me that shooting 308, especially being a light gun, the recoil would make the gun not particularly fun to shoot. With 223 there will be no significant recoil, which will make this more fun to take to the range. I might end up getting it in the new calibre.
    At 7 pounds they aren't that light...... .308 doesn't kick much....
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbrad View Post
    I am sure this will appeal to some folks, but I personally would have been all over one if they made one in a bigger caliber than the 308 instead of a smaller one.....
    I own the .308 and love it. For me it is a deer rifle in Ontario, however; I would have preferred 7mm-08 or even .260 Rem (hah!), but it is all about the volume.

Quote Originally Posted by ThurnYTaxis View Post
    I own the .308 and love it. For me it is a deer rifle in Ontario, however; I would have preferred 7mm-08 or even .260 Rem (hah!), but it is all about the volume.
    I have the 308 as well.... I could see a case for one in .243 or 7mm-08..... I would have like to see one in a .358 or even a .338..... Heck, even a 375 ..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by North60 View Post
    Biggest complaint is in the calibre that's being offered, their market is saturated with cheap AR's, Pmags won't work in these, they don't have the stupid restrictions on them ect. I think the big complaint is that people were expecting something different. But everyone seems to really like this gun in the .308 version. No need for it in .223 down south when you can use your AR

I'll probably buy one though
    You should buy one, I own the 308 and it makes me a very happy person.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast