Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122

Thread: Dealer alert! Warning Wild West Shooting Centre West Edmonton Mall

Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    Keep calm, Ebola's here!

Dig the JPEG^ by the way, it made me lol. It reminds me of something my one neighbor would do to abuse their pug.

Jokes aside I find it interesting that there are suggestions that being a sponsor makes you immune to mistakes. Many of the sponsors here fuff up all the time, but we rarely see threads for those events as typically good business practice prevails and solutions are found. Personally Id rather deal with the merchant who is proud to fix up their mistakes and own in than those that simply ignore the problem.
    I am unsure if you are referring to me or someone else but since I seem to be the nice juicy target at the minute besides WWWSC, I will respond. I can tell you for a fact that I did not at any time allege in this thread or any other thread that site sponsors are immune to screw ups. On the contrary, I concur with you 100% on that matter that they do make mistakes. If anything I would go as far to argue that being a site sponsor would increase the chances of a screw up happening. With some of the sponsors on here being the largest shops in Canada doing the most amount of transactions, more transactions of course being a higher potential chance of a screw up happening.

I also agree 100% with you that there is hardly enough posts here on CGN making references to screw ups happening and what was done to fix the problem. A true measure of a company is not what they do to be right, but what they will do to make any situation right with its customers when a issue happens. In the end however I guess its easier making a complaint thread about a shop then a compliment thread about them. That is a shame. As for my own experience with site vendors, I personally wouldn't be bothered to deal with Ellwood Epps ever again.

In the OP's case, he called out a site sponsor by making a complaint thread. That is a big no no on CGN here. What was even worse at the time, he called them out in the general forum for all to see. Now I have been here long enough to know, when you are calling out one of Greentips regular paychecks for scamming you, you better have some proof. As such I asked for some proof, as in pictures. Just like numerous other people did as well.

I asked for proof because I'm a skeptic for pretty much anything I read. If I believed everything I read then Elvis is alive and well living on the moon and aliens apparently love to kidnap people to anal probe them. Now one of the reasons I'm very much a skeptic when it comes to CGN with people who make allegations against a shop without providing proof at the time is I know some people here have secondary accounts they use either to schill or troll, threads, people or businesses. It happens all the time. Just look in the banned users thread in the OT sub forum for a nice long list of accounts.

Now as I said earlier about post count being a version of credibility, I did not at any time say post counts makes someone credible. Once again I said it is was a version. Its fairly obvious to me many here disagree with me on this point. Now me being the skeptic that I am, I start thinking to myself when I see the nice new complaint thread started by someone with a little post count complaining that he is being shafted by a gun shop without providing any proof, the first thing that pops into my head is, he might be a troll. Whether its right or wrong, that is the way it is with me. Now if the OP would have had a post count much higher then in this case, if I could recognize some sort of personality behind his handle, I probably would have took his complaint more seriously without any proof. Why? Because I might not think he is a troll running a secondary account to take on a business that he dislikes for whatever reason.

Now for the OP. He provided proof after numerous requests. I'm glad he finally did. I at no time took his side or WWWSC side simply because they are a sponsor. I merely asked for proof to back up his claim since I'm generally a skeptic. Mind you I did it a little grumpily. The OP is justified in feeling screwed by this transaction I would say. I wouldn't even call that a floor model pistol. It looks more used to me then anything. Anything short of a full refund including a apology and paid shipping both ways is unacceptable in my opinion.

Anyways I'm done rambling on now and have now hopefully said my last piece on this matter.
    Last edited by Ebola; 09-14-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Wouldn't someone trolling have a higher post count? Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Len One O View Post
    Wouldn't someone trolling have a higher post count? Just sayin.
    Apparently Im not done yet after all. The answer to your question would be probaly no. Schills, trolls and secondary accounts usually do not have higher post counts. As they are found out by the mods by their transgressions their accounts will be pinked. The more they post, the more they reveal who they trully are. Mind you though, I'm sure there are a few accounts that slip through the cracks. As some here might think I have slipped through the cracks.

Administrator
    This is the business forum and it is not about bickering of who it is the troll, or what not.

This thread is closed - when the vendor addresses the issue, they will reopen it.

Expired Business Member
    We have since resolved the outstanding issues and majority of the firearms are listed as floor models if we no longer have NIB stock.