Thread: Gun Clubs / ranges around Vaughan

Gun Clubs / ranges around Vaughan

Hey Guys

While I am waiting for my RPAL to get approved and processed I am doing some research on shooting ranges (to help pass the time), I'm looking for a range where I can shoot restricted year round, and is preferably within 30min drive from Vaughan (Vaughan mills area).

so far I found TSC, and Aurora gun club that fit that criteria, Barrie would have been nice but they are full, and Sharon is more than I want to spend on a membership, and are full.

Is there anything else around that I am missing?

Also in you experience what is the average wait time from the time I walk through the door and say I want to be a member to the time I come and shoot there, I read on TSC's site that its about 4-6 weeks, is that a long time to wait or will it be around the same anywhere I go?

Thanks

Max

Well that wait time is pretty good. I belong to TSC as well as Oshawa. My LTATT is with TSC and it took about 2 months to meet their membership requirements. Well worth he wait though.... Good luck....
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

TSC is your best bet. As far as I know Aurora Gun Club is defunct. There aren't really any clubs within that driving distance, there's a few good clubs with indoor and outdoor facilities about an hour west.

From what I was told a new member at the Grange (TSC's club) takes anywhere from 4 weeks to 3 months to get their probation done depending of course on your schedule and free time. Other gun clubs in the GTA are longer or the same. You're very limited if that's how far you're willing to travel

Like you said, Sharon is very expensive, but is an excellent facility. Really top notch.