Thread: war of 1812

Expired Business

war of 1812

To all our customers who might be interested

At the Glengarry Pioneer Museum in Dunvegan Ontario. SEPT 27th and 28th

There will be a two day re-enactment of a battle in the war of 1812, including, cavalry charges, cannon fire, musket fire, etc, etc....

Experience the military camps of the 1800s

MARSTAR WILL EXHIBIT SOME WEAPONS OF THE PERIOD. Look forward to seeing you there....

MARSTAR is a proud sponsor, If you want a really neat T-shirt we designed, ask for one at our exhibit, limited number....

ADDRESS; 1645 County Road 30 Dunvegan, Ontario an easy 1 hour drive from either Montreal or Ottawa

John

Aww all the way across the country, hope you guys can get lots of video footage and put it on youtube for everyone who cannot make it out there.

Sounds like it will be an awesome day, can't wait to see photos and videos.

BANNED
    After touring Natchez Trace this summer, I was surprised at how far across the US actually went. The Natchez Trace Parkway, running from Franklin, TN, down to Natchez, Mississippi (I think, not Louisianna, ah hell I can't remember), is a beautiful history-filled park. For those of you on two wheels, it's not nearly as awesome as the Blue Ridge, but a nice trip nonetheless. I'm always amused at the version of the War of 1812 taught historically to our US neighbours. Anyhoo, the NT Parkway is full of 1812 history. Being a descendant of the Laura Secord/Ingersoll family, I have always found an interest.

And no, for the 1000th time, I do not get a discount on chocolates.

Cannon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    That sounds very cool...wish I could be there. BTW which battle are they re-enacting?

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    That sounds very cool...wish I could be there. BTW which battle are they re-enacting?
    . Really is suppose to be a fictional battle. The organizer and site call it the battle of Glengarry. Anyhow, wish I could be there to see and get one of those t-shirts John. I'm a member of the Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles (reenactment regiment). All the boys you'll see there in dark green are us. We are the home team so to speak, as the regiment was originally formed in the area back in 1811. It's a great event, with a great orginizer, Jim is his name, he's also one of the Glens. Oh and enjoy the beer from Beau's Brewery that they will be serving at the inn.

Please post lots of pics after the event.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum