Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just received my ATRS 30mm scope rings!!

Just received my ATRS 30mm scope rings!!

Thanks for the help on the phone to get the proper size!!They look amazing and fit perfectly!!Well done!!Brian in Greely.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Can you post a close up picture of your set up?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Pictures of ATRS 30mm X-high rings.

[[/URL]URL=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/briantapp338/media/P1000613_zpsb5e8027b.jpg.html]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx CAN338lapua!
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Nice looking rings.I like the maple leaf emblem and would be all over a pair if they came in steel.

I had TPS steel rings on my savage for my Nikon 6-18 scope.I just mounted my new Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50 with these rings.I'm heading to the range tomorrow to sight it in.I'm no expert on rings but the way these look(quality),and the way they fit around the scope(even better fit than TPS).I'm pumped!!If Alberta Tactical builds rings like they do rifles, i'm sold!!!!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntersStand View Post
    Nice looking rings.I like the maple leaf emblem and would be all over a pair if they came in steel.
    Can I ask why you would prefer mild steel as that is what most rings are made of over 7075 aluminum that is actually stronger?
    A very few ring makers use stainless or chrome moly steel. We used to make them from 416 stainless but the cost of tooling and machine time goes waaaay up over what it takes to make the 7075 aluminum rings.
    In the end you are still totally dependant on the scope rail mounting screws for any attachment strength to the rifle. The rings cross bolt , clip and nut are all tool steel, the aluminum parts are essentially just a spacer that holds the scope tube, which is typically made of 6061 aluminum which is much softer and not nearly as strong a material as 7075.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    7075 is the ideal material for scope mounts, light and strong. The vast amount of steel scope rings and bases are made of 12L14, which is not any stronger than 7075 T6 Aluminum.

BANNED
    Hey ATRS, what ring height do I need to order for my Cadex ? Im running a 8-32-56 NXS. and want it as low as possible. I figured since I sold the SPUHR mount I should run something Canadian

Cheers

find some left over penny , stack them under the scope until you get the desired height.

mesure stack of penny + 1/2 of tube diameter and voila. you have your ring height!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-DwEtwG10

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast