Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shooter Question - S&W 9mm MP9

Lightbulb New Shooter Question - S&W 9mm MP9

Hi all,

I'm new to the sport, and I would appreciate a few recommendations please:

1) For 9mm Luger ammo, what grain should I be using for basic pistol range shooting? 115? 127?

2) Best place in Southern Ontario to buy 9mm ammo? Should I buy in bulk? Can I order online?

3) Recommendation for a good reload place?

4) After marker trigger assembly for Smith & Wesson (9mm) MP9 - every seasoned shooter that shoots my pistol says I need a lighter trigger. Any recommendations on what I should order?

*J

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Hi and welcome!
    I'm not in Ontario but...
    1. Your M&P will eat both the 115 and 124 gr. rounds no problem! It's 124, not 127. At normal pistol ranges of 10-25 yrd., you probably won't notice much difference. Buy what's cheaper.
    2.yes, you should buy in bulk and Canada Ammo is somewhere you should check. They are a site sponsor.
    3. Reloaded ammo is a very good value. We have a commercial place in BC that sells all handgun ammo for very cheap! PM me if you want to know who.
    4. Apex trigger kit. Made for your gun. Or get used to your current trigger. I've shot lots out of a stock one and you get used to it.
    Have fun

with everything he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    3. Reloaded ammo is a very good value. We have a commercial place in BC that sells all handgun ammo for very cheap! PM me if you want to know who.
    Why the secrecy? lol.

Custom Reloading, BDX (my personal preference), Western Metal, and Wolf to name a few. Be warned, some reloaders are charging near factory prices.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    [QUOTE=4n2t0;10476365] with everything he said!

Why the secrecy? lol.

They are not a site sponsor. Don't wanna violate forum rules! PM if you want details.

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outflanked View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to the sport, and I would appreciate a few recommendations please:

1) For 9mm Luger ammo, what grain should I be using for basic pistol range shooting? 115? 127?

2) Best place in Southern Ontario to buy 9mm ammo? Should I buy in bulk? Can I order online?

3) Recommendation for a good reload place?

4) After marker trigger assembly for Smith & Wesson (9mm) MP9 - every seasoned shooter that shoots my pistol says I need a lighter trigger. Any recommendations on what I should order?

*J
    Hi and welcome
    i use the winchester 115 gr bulk packs from Lebaron in mine, at 27$ per 100 its good value.
    I think that for online ammo source, unless free shipping is involved it normally quite expensive to ship.
    Like it was mentioned an apex helps, is this a brand new gun? It will prb break in after 1K rounds or more. Shoot it more and see

I love my M&P.

Pros: ergo's are good. It is reliable. After a couple hundred rounds, the trigger either got better or I just got used to it. Doesn't require a lot of maintenance: very little oil and clean rarely.
    Cons: One of my 6 mags doesn't drop free. It is hard for me to insert a mag when the gun has a loaded chamber: it is very doable when done on the bench. But under speed, it is just clumsy, I'd be better off shooting until it is empty.

Conclusion: I wouldn't bother upgrading anything, the best accessory is ammo and a bunch of mags. I can't say this enough: just shoot it a lot prior to upgrading anything. Any good shooter could shoot the snot out of that gun without upgrading the trigger.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Not a violation to name it only to hotlink
    sic semper tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    Not a violation to name it only to hotlink
    This!

[QUOTE=Still alive;10476691]
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    with everything he said!

Why the secrecy? lol.

They are not a site sponsor. Don't wanna violate forum rules! PM if you want details.
    Canadian Tire is not a site sponsor either, but they get mentioned quite often.

If your POST COUNT, is higher than your ROUND COUNT, get off your computer, and go shoot!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    http://customreloadingservice.com

They're a site sponsor! and reload prices are great. Don't know about shipping, as I'm local to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast