Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms .22LR Please.

I was at Canadian Tire yesterday and there was a ton of .22lr. There has not been much of it lately but was told that they are receiving shipments regularly now. They have even started selling 9mm and 45acp, I was shocked to see that in the display case.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Just as I suspected.
    Everyone complaining about a shortage probably only checks Canadian tires and Walmart
    Go to bass pro or wholesale or ammo supply store
    Y'all are being to cheap there is no shortage
    The prob is your cheap
    This is an expensive hobby just cuz there is no cheap 22 doesn't mean there is a shortage
    Maybe cci is hard to find ? Shoot something else!

BANNED
    Le Barons, an outdoorsman's type store, had only Winchester Wildcat this weekend. Limited to 2 boxes of 222 per customer, $10.45 or so.

So it isn't just Crappy Tire and Walmart (which were out, and the Walmarts here GOT OUT of selling powder burner ammunition).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Just as I suspected.
    Everyone complaining about a shortage probably only checks Canadian tires and Walmart
    Go to bass pro or wholesale or ammo supply store
    Y'all are being to cheap there is no shortage
    The prob is your cheap
    This is an expensive hobby just cuz there is no cheap 22 doesn't mean there is a shortage
    Maybe cci is hard to find ? Shoot something else!
    Yup. There is plenty of 50 round boxes of spendy ammo around here. Only thing short is the bulk box ####e. It comes in and gets snapped up pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by coleman1495 View Post
    If the Chinese can produce it for the cost the Americans can, I think it would be significantly cheaper.
    Huh?

I would rather support US companies than start a new deal on some crap manufactured .22LR, as stated above Rem .22 is bad enough already.

unfortunately, like primers and powder the prices will likely never go down to what they were even when the shortage is over, too easy now that your used to paying the "new" price
    CSSA, NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by .Ben View Post
    Huh?

I would rather support US companies than start a new deal on some crap manufactured .22LR, as stated above Rem .22 is bad enough already.

unfortunately, like primers and powder the prices will likely never go down to what they were even when the shortage is over, too easy now that your used to paying the "new" price
    I would be glad to pay a little more to support US companies. I am not paying 40% more for the same product though. I am guessing its the distributors making the money. Maybe they are paying more for the product? I doubt the cost to manufacture has gone up that much.

The importing from China has had on primers is the reason I think this might work. Right now its hard to find primers in stock most places. They can be bought but not for the prices they could be purchased 2yrs ago. What am I going to do in this scenario? Well I am going to order some Dominion primers for Canada Ammo. Problem solved. If I can buy domestic primers for anywhere near the cost of Dominion primers I will.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Our primers are russian. Chinese seem reluctant to sell the 22 ammo. I get the impression the capacity is very small.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    The Dominion primers are actually made in Russia by Murom, rather than in China. They are the same as Wolf primers marketed in the US.

I can't see Russian or Chinese .22LR being any worse (and more likely better) than Remington Chunderbolt.

While the availability of higher-priced types of .22LR has been more stable than that of lower-cost bulk stuff, at some point, the higher cost defeats the purpose of .22LR.

Quote Originally Posted by tjhaile View Post
    The Dominion primers are actually made in Russia by Murom, rather than in China. They are the same as Wolf primers marketed in the US.

I can't see Russian or Chinese .22LR being any worse (and more likely better) than Remington Chunderbolt.

While the availability of higher-priced types of .22LR has been more stable than that of lower-cost bulk stuff, at some point, the higher cost defeats the purpose of .22LR.
    Indeed...Remington thunderbolt 22lr is the true definition of junk ammo.

i think it would sell like hot cakes. most people buy .22lr for bulk not quality. can china make enough for canam to repackage and export to USA or is that ludicrous? from what i have heard they are also experiencing trouble keeping .22lr in stock. food for thought.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast