Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms .22LR Please.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Dominion Arms .22LR Please.

Looks like the .22LR shortage is hitting Canada pretty good now. Canada Ammo does not have any .22LR in stock.

I was thinking earlier about where I was going to get primers next. I realized Canada Ammo has the Dominion primers in stock.

Anyways could we get Dominion Arms .22LR? This seems like a great way to bypass the crazy American shortage issues.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    I don't know what all this talk is about 22lr shortages?
    I think it just some people being picky as to where they want to buy there ammo to save a few bucks.
    I live in Calgary and there is sh!ttons of 22 everywhere.
    No shortages here so maybe do some poking around on the net and just order yourself some 22.
    Problem solved
    Also I highly doubt you would want to shoot Chinese 22 anyways rem 22 is bad enough.
    Nuffsaid

Quote Originally Posted by coleman1495 View Post
    Looks like the .22LR shortage is hitting Canada pretty good now. Canada Ammo does not have any .22LR in stock.

I was thinking earlier about where I was going to get primers next. I realized Canada Ammo has the Dominion primers in stock.

Anyways could we get Dominion Arms .22LR? This seems like a great way to bypass the crazy American shortage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    I don't know what all this talk is about 22lr shortages?
    I think it just some people being picky as to where they want to buy there ammo to save a few bucks.
    I live in Calgary and there is sh!ttons of 22 everywhere.
    No shortages here so maybe do some poking around on the net and just order yourself some 22.
    Problem solved
    Also I highly doubt you would want to shoot Chinese 22 anyways rem 22 is bad enough.
    Nuffsaid
    The shortage was there, however many big name stores started to get new shipments of 22 just in the last month or so. some places gets them faster then others.

Yeah I don't get it either, always seems to be 22 lr in and around the Ottawa area, and there is always a sponsor or two that has it in stock on here.

I think the shortage was legitimate in the USA and perhaps Canadians thought it was going to happen here. IMO it never did, and I believe, but I could be wrong, that the 22 shortage is over now in the USA as well.

People are creating the shortage. I would normal buy 200 Hun rounds. But every time i go in to buy 22lr they are sold out. So next time it's in I buy 500 Hun rounds so I don't have that issue. People are hoarding it.

CCI 22s are almost non existent in most places...the stores that has them in stock are selling them way above its regular price... people started to horde because they are afraid the other brands will end up the same which caused further scare among 22lr community.

id be in for some Chinese .22

the more sources the better. maybe a cheaper option will help drive down the price like it has begun to do in the ar15 and 12 gauge markets.
    NFA member. Because it's not just about "sport shooting"

CGN Regular
    I asked CanAmmo about that once. They said the chinese can't even make it cheaper than the states does

Quote Originally Posted by Dweano View Post
    I asked CanAmmo about that once. They said the chinese can't even make it cheaper than the states does
    ya those days were gone

Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    ya those days were gone
    I'd imagine it's still true. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything about there being an increase in production cost, just more about the demand being higher than what they can put out. With how finicky some of the .22LR are already, I can't imagine ammo from China being both cheap, and reliable. I'm sure it can be one or the other, but not both.
    I know, it's going to be so awesome! /)^ε^(\

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast