Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Lux Scope Warranty in Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar

Hi-Lux Scope Warranty in Canada

Hey guys, I bought a Hi-lux extended eye releif scope from you recently and it looks like it should be arriving tomorrow. While I was waiting I was doing some research on Hi-lux's website to see if the scope came with flip up caps and I noticed that they state their limited lifetime warranty only applies to sales in the USA. Also they mention that after a year the scopes may need to be serviced? I've never serviced a scope beyond cleaning the outside and the lenses.... what are they referring to?
    Do I need to mail in the warranty card within 10 days as they suggest?
    What's the warranty situation for these scopes in Canada? Is there a repair depot up north?

Thanks.

Here's what they have on their website for warranty,

Hi-Lux, Inc. warranties its products against defects arising from faulty workmanship, or materials, for the lifetime of the original purchaser. Normal wear and tear is not covered under this warranty policy. After one year scope items may need to be serviced as part of general optic care. Such services are not warrantable. Any attempt to alter, dismantle or change the standard specifications of the products, will make this warranty null and void. This warranty is made to the original purchaser of the goods, and applies only to the products purchased in the United States. The warranty is not transferable. Warranty obligation is limited to the repair or replacement of any product returned to Hi-Lux, Inc. that is determined by the manufacturer to have defects arising from faulty workmanship or materials that adversely affect the satisfactory operation of the product. It should be noted that on items containing an etched glass reticle, that the occasional appearance of some small particles is common and not a warrantable repair. We only have a one-year warranty for the electronic components that are contained on the products. Hi-Lux, Inc. reserves the right to request proof of purchase and purchase date. To guarantee warranty service, the enclosed warranty form must be completed and returned within ten (10) days of purchase to establish all warranty rights between you, the original purchaser, and Hi-Lux, Inc. We assume no liability for any incidental or consequential damages, or incidental expenses. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. No warranties are made, or are authorized to be made, other than those expressly contained herein. To file a claim under this warranty, please contact the Customer Service Department of Hi-Lux, Inc. at (310) 257-8142 to obtain a Return Authorization number (RA number). After receiving your RA number, please mark the number on the outside of the package; enclose the defective item with a brief explanation of the problem. Please be sure to include your name, address and phone number. Failure to obtain a RA number may result in either refusal upon delivery, or lengthy delays for warranty repairs and service required for the item returned to us. All scopes are to be shipped prepaid direct to Hi-Lux, Inc. and must including a check or money order in the amount of $19 to cover return postage and handling, regardless of purchase date. Service for discontinued items will depend on parts available for repairs. If repairs cannot be made, other options may be available. Please call for further information.
    Last edited by Can-down; 09-15-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Wolverine supplies has a very simple policy.

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/The...ty-Policy.aspx

WE STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING WE SELL, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

If you have any problems with a purchase please contact us
    1. Return privilege: All goods are sold with a seven-day (from receipt of order) "no questions asked" return policy. No returns will be accepted without a return number. Goods must be returned in the same condition as received. We offer a full refund less shipping. We reserve the right to charge a 20% restocking fee on all items.
    2. Used firearms and equipment: All goods will be supplied in sound working condition unless otherwise specified. If you have any concerns please request clarification before purchasing.
    3. Manufacturer's Warranty: We do not refer our customers directly to the manufacturer but handle all claims ourselves, "in house". In extreme cases we have even replaced customers firearms and then claimed from the manufacturer, we have also cannibalized parts from new in stock firearms to expedite claims. Under no circumstances attempt to return a firearm direct to an overseas manufacturer with out first consulting with us. With all claims we need a copy of your sales receipt or the order number.

Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post

Thank you, that is exactly the situation, you can purchase from us with complete confidence.

I purchased a lot of goods from you and will keep on doin' it as I have never been disappointed.
    WS is the best of its class in Canada far ahead the second !
    Thank you

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    HI
    I had confirmed in the email that as soon as it came across my desk I'd have a new one out to you. Your scope should be leaving here today for you.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    HI
    I had confirmed in the email that as soon as it came across my desk I'd have a new one out to you. Your scope should be leaving here today for you.
    Who are you referring to Grumpy? I emailed my warranty question 3 days ago(no reply) and then posted the same question here less then an hour ago. This is my first optic purchase from Wolverine.

I appreciate the quick response here online by both you and John.

I've bought guns and accessories from Wolverine in the past and I'm not really concerned from the service side just more curious about the stated warranty and your experiences dealing with it in Canada.

Their comments about flakes and debris being acceptable in their etched glass models also seems strange to me. I had a leupold prismatic with that problem and they took care of it in less then a few weeks.

Like I said.
    I trust you guys and I'm not worried...... just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post

It is refreshing to have a shop like Wolverine who will step up to the plate and go to bat for their customers...... most gun shops won't and in Canada it can be a pain to get warranty support if there is not Canadian depot.

I am wondering if me not filling in a dumb warranty card will be a problem for Wolverine though or if it's not really something that matters?

I guess while were at it, I'd add a question for John and Grumpy.

How have the Hi-lux's performed so far? I'm actually not aware how long you guys have been selling them but they do seem like a good buy if they hold up well.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    I apologize, I thought you were the fellow who had sent one back into me. I didn't read a close as I should.
    The Hi-Lux optics hold up pretty well, we sell a lot of the LER models (very good customer feed back on those models), and a lot of the CMR optics (quite a few of use here at the shop run those) and the ART scopes are very popular.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Thank you, that is exactly the situation, you can purchase from us with complete confidence.
    I've purchased already with confidence many times over several years.
    Now I'm asking questions with confidence.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I apologize, I thought you were the fellow who had sent one back into me. I didn't read a close as I should.
    The Hi-Lux optics hold up pretty well, we sell a lot of the LER models (very good customer feed back on those models), and a lot of the CMR optics (quite a few of use here at the shop run those) and the ART scopes are very popular.
    Thanks G,
    So are issues basically solved through direct replacement?
    Can I throw out the warranty card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast