Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M16A1 Barrels

M16A1 Barrels

Green Mountain Barrels lists Jo-Brook as one of their Canadian distributors. Can you bring us in some of their M16 A1 5.56mm 20" 1:12 twist 20" Barrels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar
    x2
    I looked for a 1/12 twist x16 or 20 inch last year and came up empty handed (or only found one way over my budget)

Canada ammo has some 20" barrels. I asked and they are supposed to be a1 specs. May go for it and try it for my m16 parts kit build

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/dominion-arms-da-556-20-barrel/

Chinese looks like our only option. Green Mountain will only sell to Canadians through their Canadian distributors and these distributors either don't answer emails (or forum questions) or won't import them. After I vowed not to buy anymore Norc firearms/parts after getting stuck with an over indexed M305.

Quote Originally Posted by HK41 View Post
    Chinese looks like our only option. Green Mountain will only sell to Canadians through their Canadian distributors and these distributors either don't answer emails (or forum questions) or won't import them. After I vowed not to buy anymore Norc firearms/parts after getting stuck with an over indexed M305.
    haha same with me, but these may actually be closer to factory than anything else seeing as the chinese just outright copy with zero changes. the fsb is .625 as well. i have one on the way...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    haha same with me, but these may actually be closer to factory than anything else seeing as the chinese just outright copy with zero changes. the fsb is .625 as well. i have one on the way...
    Don't forget you will have to drill the cross pin holes & taper ream to fit
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    Canada ammo has some 20" barrels. I asked and they are supposed to be a1 specs. May go for it and try it for my m16 parts kit
    Shouldn't really link to a different dealer in another dealers sub-forum.

CGN Regular
    finding a .750 A2 front sight gas block for my other barrel, at a reasonable price, took a lot of research, how about the .625 A1 FSB, seems it would be almost impossible to find, any source for this part (other than the parts kit another seller had)?

Is there a way to shim a .750 and how, and that it would be safe and reliable?

Numrich has .625" FSB.

Colt, DD, BCM, even Bushmaster, obviously have a source(s) for .625" FSB. Getting them to sell you one separately may not be possible though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieAB View Post
    Shouldn't really link to a different dealer in another dealers sub-forum.
    Oops sorry guys. Should import some of those good barrels please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast