Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine 25th Anniversary Memorable Purchases

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar

Wolverine 25th Anniversary Memorable Purchases

2014 is the 25th Anniversary of Wolverine Supplies. From a humble start coming west in a covered wagon, Mr. and Mrs. Wolverine built their business into what we have all come to know and love today.

We thought it would be fun for folks to post pictures of some of their memorable purchases from Wolverine Supplies. If you have something that you purchased from years ago, even better. Post away
    and let's see what you have to share.

The staff here have decided to start off this thread with a few pictures showing some of the memorable purchases we have from Wolverine Supplies. There will be more to come from other staff in the days that follow.

Mrs. Wolverine wanted to show off her most memorable Wolverine purchase. Yes, that is a Thompson! Eat your hearts out guys.

Spice Wolverine contributed a couple of pictures showing off her Armalite. This is one of the first ones after the flattops started to become available.

Wolferine contributed a couple of pictures for us. One is of his tricked out SL-8 and the second one is of a strange deer that apparently Wolverine sold at one time, or it could possibly be the rifle in the picture with him :D

Wolverine Guy shared a picture of his SAM Thunderbolt that he loves so much and shoots very well, I might add

Lastly for today is one from Ol' Grumpy himself. Wasn't sure what to post so thought I'd show my old Winchester Garand (1943), British L1A1, British MkV Sten and my trusty old Colt SP1.
    The wooden crate in the picture is 1 of the 3 that came in when Wolverine Supplies received the first shipment of BRS-99's into Canada way back when.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 09-16-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Thread went badly off track :)
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Business Member Rep
    Serial number 0001 on the 1911, one of the perks of working here (besides working with Grumpy)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Nice.

For those of us who don't know, is there a nicks-to-names cheat sheet of who you guys are on here?

I know who maybe 2 of you are :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Nice.

For those of us who don't know, is there a nicks-to-names cheat sheet of who you guys are on here?

I know who maybe 2 of you are :P
    Nope that would be telling..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    I had been on a 'pre-order' for a Polytech M305 for almost two years with another place and got fed up, so I called Wolverine (years ago now) and wanted to buy one you had in stock. However, you were so busy that day I was on hold for some time, but to make a customer happy (I realized since then) I made my order with John himself!!! Not only did I get to talk to the main man, but it shipped that day!

Thanks guys!

Until the next purchase!

EDIT: Picture up. This is a few years after purchase once I got some schwag on it and some practice:

I can't say it was from the actually harvest, or the actual animal... but this one always seemed to taste the best for some reason!
    Last edited by Aniest; 09-17-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Picture up
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

My SP-1 in the picture came from Wolverine in 1992, and the Garand is right around that time as well.

Frig I want a thompson. Can we be friends and I come over and shoot it

Nice pics, but more info on that double, if possible.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not ... Genius will not ... Education will not ...
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
    Calvin Coolidge

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Nope that would be telling..
    Yup, and it goes hand in hand with asking!

...frankly I never understood that line. Seems like an incomplete quote.

that thompson is a thing of beauty

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast