Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P762 first impression

7.62x25 is much longer than 9mm.

I know a guy who swapped a barrel chambered 7.62x25 into a Cx4 Storm.
    He's having troubles with magazines, even with the magwell sleeve out, his homebrew magazines barely just fit in there.

Still a very neat development. I was thinking about new production 7.62 tok pistol for a long time.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Did you notice if the frame is indeed larger then a normal sig??

I recall CanAmmo saying that this frame is larger then normal.
    to me it feels like it's the same size as a p226 stainless steel elite with the rosewood grips

Finally got mine out today. Overall positive experience. I love the big, fat grips in my paws and the balance and weight really work for me.
    Trigger is certainly bad. Almost a two-hander and gritty even in single action.
    Overall however, I'm very happy with the gun. Shoots much better than the Tokarevs. A little high and right for me, but I'm a lefty and I think it's more about anticipating the recoil from this hand-cannon, than the firearm itself.
    The only thing that concerned me, was that out of 45 shots, the trigger failed to reset on two of the rounds. Both times, it ejected the spent cartridge, and effectively stripped and loaded a round from the mag. Hammer went to full-cock, but the trigger was dead. I'll pull it down and investigate, but it definitely struck me as a little odd..
    Anyone else have this? (FYI, it was 1st shot from the mag both times. One loaded to 5, one loaded to 10).
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.-The Pigs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Extra mags = will buy.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoakster View Post
    Finally got mine out today. Overall positive experience. I love the big, fat grips in my paws and the balance and weight really work for me.
    Trigger is certainly bad. Almost a two-hander and gritty even in single action.
    Overall however, I'm very happy with the gun. Shoots much better than the Tokarevs. A little high and right for me, but I'm a lefty and I think it's more about anticipating the recoil from this hand-cannon, than the firearm itself.
    The only thing that concerned me, was that out of 45 shots, the trigger failed to reset on two of the rounds. Both times, it ejected the spent cartridge, and effectively stripped and loaded a round from the mag. Hammer went to full-cock, but the trigger was dead. I'll pull it down and investigate, but it definitely struck me as a little odd..
    Anyone else have this? (FYI, it was 1st shot from the mag both times. One loaded to 5, one loaded to 10).
    It's very possible that the trigger bar was gummed up somewhere. One thing I've noticed is that this gun is incredibly complicated compared to some others I've taken down (god damn the Tokarevs are insanely simple!). If you didn't detail strip it before you shot it, this could likely be the issue. That said, I'll find out when I hit the range.

BANNED
    Thanks for the write up and especially the pics. This is indeed an interesting gun...

Are any mods available to bring down the trigger pull weight? Id buy one buy I don't want a 15lb trigger.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Wolf springs makes lighter springs. You need to order the old style sig springs

Quote Originally Posted by Boostgod View Post
    Are any mods available to bring down the trigger pull weight? Id buy one buy I don't want a 15lb trigger.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    Wolf springs makes lighter springs. You need to order the old style sig springs
    Oh neat, so the mainspring setup is just the way sig used to do things eh?

It won't be easy to replace just the spring with that system though...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstyx View Post
    Oh neat, so the mainspring setup is just the way sig used to do things eh?

It won't be easy to replace just the spring with that system though...
    Ita a bit of a pain in the ass to replace, but it's not really hard. Make sure you let the hammer down gently begire trying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12