Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder?

That's My point I don't use surplus powder for reloading and generally only follow what I can at least get a baseline for! you must be one of them thar edumacated experts We hear bout on here is ya
    I will assume that the powder we get is gonna be direct from china and if its like everything else we buy from china I am willing to bet we'd be lucky to pull a name from the writing on the box much less any base line info
    were not talking American surplus military powder are we? maybe I should just pop open some norc 7.62X39 and dump the powder and weigh it hey?? as well as some 223
    haha I love buying chinese stuff cuz its cheap and a lot of the guns are pretty durable but I myself will leave the powder already in the bullets on this one thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Dunno if I'd want to use powder from scrapped Chinese cannon shells left over from the Korean War lol

Ask me in a year and maybe I'll be more desperate..

Quote Originally Posted by stevey3737 View Post
    That's My point I don't use surplus powder for reloading and generally only follow what I can at least get a baseline for! you must be one of them thar edumacated experts We hear bout on here is ya
    I will assume that the powder we get is gonna be direct from china and if its like everything else we buy from china I am willing to bet we'd be lucky to pull a name from the writing on the box much less any base line info
    were not talking American surplus military powder are we? maybe I should just pop open some norc 7.62X39 and dump the powder and weigh it hey?? as well as some 223
    haha I love buying chinese stuff cuz its cheap and a lot of the guns are pretty durable but I myself will leave the powder already in the bullets on this one thanks
    Surplus powders aren't for everyone, obviously. Thousands of us do use surplus powder and find or make our own data but that might not be for you.

Right now there is no powder being offered so complaining about the quality of the nonexistant powder and the nonexistant data for the nonexistant powder seems kind of silly.

If you stop to think about it, milsurp russian or chinese powder would be no more dangerous than milsurp chinese or russian ammo, would it?

If there is powder offered at some point, then you would be free to not buy it then. But GOSH - it's not even been offered or identified yet. So you're complaining about something that doesn't exist and may never be offered. You like to get an early start, huh?!
    Last edited by jethunter; 10-01-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Trying to reload pistol right now- at this point I'm about ready to try anything. I'm reloading with bloody shotgun powder right now and that took nearly 6 months to source

Finish the trifecta and bring in some projectiles too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12