Thread: DA 12" mag fed Grizzly buttstock bolt thread size?

DA 12" mag fed Grizzly buttstock bolt thread size?

I got the mag fed Dominion Arms Grizzly with the 12.5" barrel and no buttstock from CanadaAmmo by accident. I ordered, changed my mind, called and cancelled, and got an email confirming cancellation of the order. Next day, I get a shipping notification saying they still shipped it.

So I said "whatever, NEW shotgun!", picked it up, and got a stock off my buddy. Except the bolt that worked on his Remington 870, the shotgun the Grizzly is based off of, didn't fit. The hole is smaller and the threads are closer together. I'll call CA and ask WHY I have this shotgun, if they know the thread size, and if they don't know, I'll send it back and ask for that check they told me they would send after I cancel the order.

But I thought see if you folks know what thread size and length that bolt should be. This is the shotgun in question:

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/dominion-arms-grizzly-12-5-magfed-shotgun-no-butt-stock/

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Dave A.K.A. The Crover
    The Abomin870!

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crover View Post
    I got the mag fed Dominion Arms Grizzly with the 12.5" barrel and no buttstock from CanadaAmmo by accident. I ordered, changed my mind, called and cancelled, and got an email confirming cancellation of the order. Next day, I get a shipping notification saying they still shipped it.

So I said "whatever, NEW shotgun!", picked it up, and got a stock off my buddy. Except the bolt that worked on his Remington 870, the shotgun the Grizzly is based off of, didn't fit. The hole is smaller and the threads are closer together. I'll call CA and ask WHY I have this shotgun, if they know the thread size, and if they don't know, I'll send it back and ask for that check they told me they would send after I cancel the order.

But I thought see if you folks know what thread size and length that bolt should be. This is the shotgun in question:

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/dominion-arms-grizzly-12-5-magfed-shotgun-no-butt-stock/

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Dave A.K.A. The Crover

Here is what you do;
    Keep the shot gun
    Get a drill bit match it up to the size of the hole in the stick you bought and still it out
    Second, take your bolt to the hardware store and match up a nice lock threaded nut and washer.
    Third come home and put together your new toy!

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Or if it is the bolt that is the problem go replace that it's standard metric threads on the bolt
    The 870 original bolt is imperial dam yanks