Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vz61 Skorpion in 22LR

Non-restricted, I mean. A restricted .22 is still limited in terms of magazine capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by marmot View Post
    Non-restricted, I mean. A restricted .22 is still limited in terms of magazine capacity.
    Does this come up every time we talk about rimfire mags?

"
    There is no limit to the magazine capacity for semi-automatic rim-fire long guns, or for other long guns that are not semi-automatics, with some exceptions. See also Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72, Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity.
    "
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a6
    I know, it's going to be so awesome! /)^ε^(\

Yes but wouldn't this firearm be classified as a rimfire restricted pistol do to its length thus only allowing it to have a 10 round magazine? Not trying to stir the pot but I understand the point @marmot is trying to make.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbroke View Post
    Yes but wouldn't this firearm be classified as a rimfire restricted pistol do to its length thus only allowing it to have a 10 round magazine? Not trying to stir the pot but I understand the point @marmot is trying to make.
    No. They would not dare call it a pistol because if they did, they would be opening the door to 10rd 32 acp and 380 acp pistol mags In the center fire scorpions.

Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    No. They would not dare call it a pistol because if they did, they would be opening the door to 10rd 32 acp and 380 acp pistol mags In the center fire scorpions.

Moe
    What would it be classified as?

The skorpion is a RIFLE
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

Scorpion auto PISTOL is prohib

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    I didn't expect this much fail to come from this thread. I regret posting it now.

For those unsure, go read the firearms act and bulletin 72 for clarification on magazine capacities in relation to different types of guns vs the mags they were intended for.

In short, the Skorpion is a rifle. Skorpion pistols are prohibited by name. The 32acp rifles has mags which are limited to 5 rounds, as they are designed for a center fired rifle.

A Skorpion rifle in 22lr would have mags that are designed for a rimfire rifle, and therefore would be of no fixed capacity limit.

A rimfire Skorpion rifle would be restricted, or non restricted as determined by its overall length. Not by barrel length.

And people get upset at the cops for not understanding the law. Sheesh.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post

Moe
    Skorpion pistols are prohibited. There will be no ten round pistol mags in canada because of that alone.

The skorpians in country are classed as rifles. Which are not prohibited.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by marmot View Post
    A pistol is always restricted, and pistol mags regardless of calibre are limited to ten rounds.

A non-restricted or restricted rimfire rifle has no magazine capacity limit.

Rimfire mags designed for both rifles and pistols are limited to the pistol mag rule of ten.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast