Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Savage AXIS II vs MODEL 11/111 INTERNATIONAL TROPHY HUNTER XP

Quote Originally Posted by Cadotte View Post
    I check for a bolt action gun with scope combo around 500$ in 308.

The axis II is a little bit lighter than the trophy hunter.
    Except 100$ of difference between these 2 guns what is the difference?
    Is this trophy hunter worth the price?

Both have :
    Accutrigger
    22" carbon steel barrel
    1:10 twist rate
    detachable box magazine (4 Rounds)
    Synthetic sotck
    Nokia 3x9x40 scope (I think)

Axis II
    Attachment 15552

Model 11/111
    Attachment 15553
    None of them have Nikons (atleast I think that's what you meant). They both have weaver brand scopes one is KASPA that's the axis 2 I forget what the 11/111 has but it's about $50 retail by itself more than the KASPA. Besides that difference the stocks are different in terms of the 11/111 being stippled and the Axis 2 having a foreend that grooves and kind folds in. They both have free float barrels and both have accutrigger yes, but if you notice their safeties are different the Axis 2 has the original Axis safety which is either on or off. The 11/111 I believe has a 3 stage safety I can't remember, so its safety on you cant load the gun or fire it, middle safety; you can load the gun but can't fire it, then full off which is ready to shoot. Also for the 11/111 the safety is built into the receiver, vs the Axis 2 which is in the stock. Now I havent seen either rifle in 3-4 months so my memory isn't all there. Also the magazines are interchangeable between them, as for which should you buy? The bolt on the 11/111 is polished and smoother than the Axis 2. That alone is worth it for me.

CGN Regular
    This is a great thread, because I've been looking at either rfile as my next piece, and had pretty much all these questions. Thanks folks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bjorn View Post
    This is a great thread, because I've been looking at either rfile as my next piece, and had pretty much all these questions. Thanks folks!
    Does anyone know where the best price on the 11/111 is?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Does anyone know where the best price on the 11/111 is?
    The most you'll save I believe is $60, but that's going one big box store vs another.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18 View Post
    The most you'll save I believe is $60, but that's going one big box store vs another.
    Yes I have been shopping a bit so far wholesale sports has the best price due to a sale and then you get $75 rebate but I am not sure if I trust wss to get it to me in time to send the rebate in! Might be able to print off the one I get emailed! $489 minus $75 plus tax and $17.50 shipping! One thing, I aske the agent online if they did what most places in ALB.and B.C. only charge gst but she said they charge full hst for the province you are in! That sucks!
    Yes, Nikon scopes are on the ones in the U.S. Here we get Weaver scopes, I don't know much about them!
    They also have them in .338 wim mag in the U.S.
    Last edited by bobdbldr; 11-22-2014 at 06:44 PM.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

BANNED
    Anyone with a 11/111 want to take a picture of the bottom of it for me? And let me know if the mag is metal and if the mag well is all plastic or surrounded by metal? Would be a BIG help, thanks!!!

Cabelas has both Axis II and 111 for sale with free shipping in Canada till Dec 16 2014
    Axis II has a $50 rebate plus a $50 cabelas gift card
    111 has a $75 rebate

I'm still trying to decide what to buy!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post
    Anyone with a 11/111 want to take a picture of the bottom of it for me? And let me know if the mag is metal and if the mag well is all plastic or surrounded by metal? Would be a BIG help, thanks!!!
    Both are metal.
    Former Ford Fan

I currently own 2 non-Axis Savages because there are more more options for upgrading. Having said that if I were to buy another I would strongly consider an Axis when Modular Driven Technologies (a CGN sponsor) makes their LSS chassis for the Axis.

Quote Originally Posted by homer76 View Post
    I currently own 2 non-Axis Savages because there are more more options for upgrading. Having said that if I were to buy another I would strongly consider an Axis when Modular Driven Technologies (a CGN sponsor) makes their LSS chassis for the Axis.
    Almost complete!
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast