Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time limit for sending test results to the CFO

CGN Regular
    i was under the impression that there was no time limit at all. if you;ve passed the test then that's that. you passed it.

Quote Originally Posted by wd123 View Post
    i was under the impression that there was no time limit at all. if you;ve passed the test then that's that. you passed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
    The test is good for life.
    I am lead to believe this is correct. They may simply ask a few more questions as to why you waited so long? I know they did in my case, but everyone will always be treated a touch differently depending on the day, size of the visible moon, the direction the wind is blowing and whether or not there are cookies in the break room that day.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    Did my test at 12 and sent in the rest at 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

CGN Regular
    I passed my test and then let it sit for 11 months. Someone told me it was only good for 1 year so I freaked out and couriered my application into RCMP. Got my PAL/RPAL about 4 months later. So at least the misinformation got me off my butt to send my app!

I sent my 2007 test in a few months ago. Lol had to dig for those results.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silveragent's Avatar
    I have a friend who did the test four years ago with me. STILL HAS NOT SENT IT IN. I bug him about it now and then. Sheesh you paid the money and did the test. He even got a photo taken. why why why
    ---
    Home club : PCDHFC, shoots IPSC, black rifles, hunts badly

Quote Originally Posted by crenom View Post
    Where did you find that?
    Pal and Rpal have a 5 year expiry but i don't believe the course certificate expires.
    That's how long instructors have to keep a record. I'm sure after that it would still be on file somewhere with the CFC but that's their timeline to start getting rid of record. I wouldn't trust it being a for sure after 5 years. But maybe I'm wrong

Challenged both back in 2003 sent it in 2013, It took them a year to the exact day to finish it all. When i sent the tests the paper already had started yellow because of its age

CGN Regular
    this is how long your pal is good for after it has been issued, not how long you have to submit your results to get your pal. for that i believe there is no time limit!

Good to know. I took the coarse / passed the test in '98, which was before the test was divided into non-restricted and restricted, and as such, was tested on restricted as well. I only applied for a non-restricted PAL however many years ago, and have renewed it a few times, but I'm thinking to apply for an RPAL, and was hoping the original test results will suffice. If there is no time limit, and I still have my original test results paperwork, I should be good to go, in theory.
    Member: CSSA, BCWF, ADFGA

330 Dakota - "If your dead, you dont know your dead, it only hurts the people around you,,kinda like when your stupid,,,AND VOTED LIBERAL"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12