Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keep Calm and Eat On at AmmoSupply.ca

Just a question are the legacy/freeze dried food stuffs full of important nutrients? I guess what I am saying is can I eat these every day of my life and get all of the nutrients I need? Or are these designed for temporary minimal nutritional supplements to real food (for lack of a better term)?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Nutritional values are clearly listed on the Legacy website. If you want to play it safe, perhaps go pick up some metamucil fibre capsules and some Flintstone multivitamins. Or Gummy Bears if that's more acceptable to your taste

Expired Business Member
    I don't think you're going to get your Recommended Daily Amounts of vitamins in these entrees alone, although there are a variety of meals with tomato, veggies, beans etc so there is some. The sides that we sell do come with Mango Pieces and Freeze Dried Corn so you are going to get extra nutrients there, but if you're into serious prepping you'd want to get freeze dried fruits and veggies in more variety. We're looking into stocking items we approve of on that front!

I hear from a lot of people that after 5 days eating MREs you may need to add some fibre in your diet as they get people a little backed up. So MREs are NOT a good idea for long term eating, but they most definitely have an important place in emergency food. Legacy is going to be great for a few weeks to a year and ideally should be supplemented by other fruits and veg. In the ideal world you would grow some with your emergency seeds.

We've all seen first-world emergencies, like Hurricane Katrina, where a month's supply of edible food would be a great comfort. The government suggests every family should have 72-hours of emergency food but I think 1-week to 1-month is more ideal. Many people prefer to prepare for longer, and certainly our grandparents would have thought nothing of it.

Legacy food is a real option for making actual every-day meals, and I personally endorse it because Legacy does not use MSG, GMOs or Trans-Fats. While every large bucket of food contains gluten-free options, they don't substitute real ingredients for weird gluten-free substitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    Thanks for your order! We add the stove this end so no need to add it to your order. You added another item in your cart which automatically added in some shipping but we'll remove that before your card is charged.

You rock, Thanks !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    You should turn it into a t-shirt!
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    You should turn it into a t-shirt!
    I think the market is tapped out on those

Hi there

Not a big deal but why does your check-out add $2.00 for shipping on the 120 meal order?

Thanks
    So fall in lads behind the drum
    With Colours blazing like the sun
    Along the road to come-what-may
    Over the hills and far away

Thanks for the awesome service I was going to call about the fruit and powdered milk

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
    Hi there

Not a big deal but why does your check-out add $2.00 for shipping on the 120 meal order?

Thanks
    Our system adds a $2 surcharge (that we pass on from Canpar) for residential addresses. This is something we remove manually before we charge your card. We're in the process of redeveloping our website so we won't get these oddities!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nick237 View Post
    Thanks for the awesome service I was going to call about the fruit and powdered milk
    We will soon be getting in Meal Replacement Shakes and also freeze dried fruit and vegetables. Watch this space!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast