Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HSM Ammo at AmmoSupply.ca

I have to say that ammosupply.ca are the best. I went in to pick up a couple of HSM 45-70 and they were very helpful and friendly to deal with.......I recommend them to everybody and will be using them again in the future definitely

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    I have to say that ammosupply.ca are the best. I went in to pick up a couple of HSM 45-70 and they were very helpful and friendly to deal with.......I recommend them to everybody and will be using them again in the future definitely
    Yep. I picked up 4 boxes of the 45-70 today as well. First time purchase from them, certainly won't be the last

Expired Business Member
    You're both very welcome, gentlemen!

oh oh, I was going to get a few more......I better get on it..

Ordered 5 boxes of 45-70 from them. Excellent service and fast shipping. Thanks Kate!
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Can't say that I recommend the HSM 44 mag Bear Loads. I got 2 Boxes of them for my Chiappa 44 mag lever gun. They don't feed very well. Bullet is too blunt and wide at the flat point to feed into the ramp. Also they are too long and don't want to tilt up into the nose up orientation to feed properly. Can only get first 3 rounds to feed and the rest jam in the gun. Even the first three are problematic. If they made them with a different shape, more tapered and maybe a bit lighter bullet they might work better. I like the idea of a hard cast bullet for bear defense as these are hard to find in Canada, but rounds that only work in revolvers are not really any use to us up here with the laws as they are. Maybe you could pass this on to HSM and see what they say about it. Can't see the point of bringing these in any more Kate as they are of no use to anyone. Sure you can fire them in a revolver, but can't carry a revolver for bear protection in the woods, and they are damn expensive for just target rounds. Just thought I would let you know.
    Last edited by ljones; 10-09-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Added info
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Can't say that I recommend the HSM 44 mag Bear Loads. I got 2 Boxes of them for my Chiappa 44 mag lever gun. They don't feed very well. Bullet is too blunt and wide at the flat point to feed into the ramp. Also they are too long and don't want to tilt up into the nose up orientation to feed properly. Can only get first 3 rounds to feed and the rest jam in the gun. Even the first three are problematic. If they made them with a different shape, more tapered and maybe a bit lighter bullet they might work better. I like the idea of a hard cast bullet for bear defense as these are hard to find in Canada, but rounds that only work in revolvers are not really any use to us up here with the laws as they are. Maybe you could pass this on to HSM and see what they say about it. Can't see the point of bringing these in any more Kate as they are of no use to anyone. Sure you can fire them in a revolver, but can't carry a revolver for bear protection in the woods, and they are damn expensive for just target rounds. Just thought I would let you know.
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll be interested if people have similar experiences

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    We'll keep our eye out for some 45 colt for ya Not sure if Buffalo Bore will be able to bring in the pistol loads in the short to medium term but we will keep our eye out for interesting stuff! We *do* have American Eagle 45 Colt in stock
    Thanks Kate! I will look forward to it!
    And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that (is) upon the earth. Genesis 9:16

CGN Regular
    Feeds fine in both my chiappa and rossi. I had problems feeding longer rounds in my rossi until I did a tiny bit of filing. I don't know what they're called but there are two bars on either side on the inside of the receiver just above the feed ramp, if you load it slowly you can see where the rim of the cartridge passes through them. You might notice that the rim catches there. File the rear of those two slots back a little back just a tiny bit and you will find that it feeds way better. Sorry i don't know the names of them or have a pic but now it feeds 100 percent

ran 10 45-70 HSM Bear Loads thru my marlin 45-70GS and no problems at all.....Was surprised ..was expecting to be kissed by the scope with the 430 grn ++P loads...but they were more a push....than a snap..i'm very happy...thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast