Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: acquiring restricted firearms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radmacks View Post
    You can buy without being a member. You just can't take it out anywhere which makes you a collector.
    ...which brings with it its own set of headaches!!
    Easier to deal with the hassle of getting a membership than proving you are a collector!

Quote Originally Posted by radmacks View Post
    You can buy without being a member. You just can't take it out anywhere which makes you a collector.
    never agree to being a collector. When they ask, just tell them you are in the process of joining "insert club name"
    You can never have enough Mag's

Quote Originally Posted by 06gtpony View Post
    Here is a very good video I watched just last night about the subject matter. It's about 15mins long, but worth the watch.

http://youtu.be/ewseb59lLzk
    Interesting watch. Just received my PAL and RPAL. Crazy that any one of us owners can goto jail for forgetting 1 page of the document.

Does anyone know if a photocopied ATT is legitimate? Meaning I would just photocopy 10 copies (and carry three) so I never have to think about misplacing or forgetting a page.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaktuo View Post
    Interesting watch. Just received my PAL and RPAL. Crazy that any one of us owners can goto jail for forgetting 1 page of the document.

Does anyone know if a photocopied ATT is legitimate? Meaning I would just photocopy 10 copies (and carry three) so I never have to think about misplacing or forgetting a page.
    I had mine emailed to me, i have a copy saved on my phone and tossed a printed copy in the pistol box.

BANNED
    There's no law that says it, but CPFO policy has nothing to do with the law. Hopefully, the "new" law addressing CPFO's overstepping their authority will end it.
    Like danoiwan says, tell 'em what club you're joining.

CGN Regular
    So I just purchased a restricted firearm and will pickup in store. What do I need to transport it home from the store? LTATT or STATT or both?

Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    So I just purchased a restricted firearm and will pickup in store. What do I need to transport it home from the store? LTATT or STATT or both?
    You just need the STATT. Be sure you have a locking mechanism along with a lockable case etc.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaktuo View Post
    You just need the STATT. Be sure you have a locking mechanism along with a lockable case etc.
    Thanks!

One more quick question. I have a second firearm being mailed to me. I will not be home to receive the package and will have to pickup from the post office. Is it true I need to contact the CFO for a STATT to transport it from post office to my home?
    Last edited by jermyzy; 10-16-2014 at 09:42 PM.

I asked the gun shop the same question.

Do you have multiple incoming parcels?

Yes...

Do you know what's inside this particular package?

No...

There you go.

I know if you are mailing your firearm at your local Canada Post office, you do need one.

I've never had to go pickup a firearm, but since you need an ATT transporting restricteds anywhere, it would be safe to assume that you should get one.

Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    Thanks!

One more quick question. I have a second firearm being mailed to me. I will not be home to receive the package and will have to pickup from the post office. Is it true I need to contact the CFO for a STATT to transport it from post office to my home?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast