Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: acquiring restricted firearms

CGN Regular
    Anybody know how they inform you if your LTATT is approved? I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything. Checked online and nothing shows up under self-service. Also, still waiting for my firearms transfers to be approved. Bought 2 new pistols from dealers and still waiting for transfers to be approved...

Have you considered calling your Provincial CFO? That would be the fastest way to find out.

Also, are you a member of a range?

Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    Anybody know how they inform you if your LTATT is approved? I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything. Checked online and nothing shows up under self-service. Also, still waiting for my firearms transfers to be approved. Bought 2 new pistols from dealers and still waiting for transfers to be approved...

CGN Regular
    I'm a member of a firearms club (silvercore). Will give them a call next week. My firearms transfers haven't gone through yet anyways. I just wasn't sure if they usually call/email you when it's approved?

It's different for each province, in NS they mail it out, but I can call and get the transfer # if it's approved and pick up my guns.

Give them a call, they can give you the information you're after in about 2 mins

Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    I'm a member of a firearms club (silvercore). Will give them a call next week. My firearms transfers haven't gone through yet anyways. I just wasn't sure if they usually call/email you when it's approved?

CGN Regular
    Finally after 3 weeks, first transfer of firearms complete. Still waiting on second. Will give CFO a call at end of this week to check on my LTATT application.

CGN Regular
    Update: Called RCMP CFO today. Second transfer was approved today and LTATT was approved two days ago and was mailed out to me. The officer mentioned I need the registration certificate before being able to bring to the range, is that something provided with the firearm or mailed to me separately? I forgot to ask her.

Registration is mailed separately.

CGN Regular
    I hope it comes soon...was planning on going to the range this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    You don't need to belong to a club or range to get your license or buy one but most CFOs require membership to transport. This will be changing soon with new coming legislation that will allow transport as a condition of the license
    Where can I get info on this legislation? Does the new legislation apply to Ontario as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    If you are in BC, get a membership from Silvercore. It is like a moblie membership and is recognized here as a club membership and allows transport of your restricteds to approved ranges. The only thing is you do have to pay range or guest fees to whatever range you visit in BC. As far as our assinine rules go, getting a range membership in whatever province you're in just saves a lot of headaches for getting LTATTs and transfers. At least until, hopefully, our new laws take effect ( IF they take effect!!)
    Is there an equivalent mobile membership for Ontario?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast