Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: acquiring restricted firearms

BANNED

acquiring restricted firearms

I am looking into getting my rpal and was wondering if I have to be a member of a gun club to acquire a restricted firearm? I was making an account on wanstalls and noticed there was a spot for gun club if you are going to be getting a restricted firearm.

Thanks for your help in advance

You don't need to belong to a club or range to get your license or buy one but most CFOs require membership to transport. This will be changing soon with new coming legislation that will allow transport as a condition of the license
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    You don't need to belong to a club or range to get your license or buy one but most CFOs require membership to transport. This will be changing soon with new coming legislation that will allow transport as a condition of the license
    Here's hoping that change comes to fruition lol
    "This is my country, there are many like it, but this one is mine---------"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    RCMP asked me today when i called to complete a transfer (me as buyer), what club i belonged to. of course i told them, but now im curious if they would have completed the transfer had i said none.

Correct me if I'm wrong but club membership is required for a ltatt but not to buy or transfer ownership, or get a statt to take possession and bring home. It might differ from CFO to CFO depending on your province but that would be plain stupid and we all know canadian firearm laws are common sense based...

Quote Originally Posted by Cb750k View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but club membership is required for a ltatt but not to buy or transfer ownership, or get a statt to take possession and bring home. It might differ from CFO to CFO depending on your province but that would be plain stupid and we all know canadian firearm laws are common sense based...
    I actually took possession of my first handgun without being a member to a club ---- the transfer was approved and the handgun appeared in the mail. You are correct, sir!
    "This is my country, there are many like it, but this one is mine---------"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    If you are in BC, get a membership from Silvercore. It is like a moblie membership and is recognized here as a club membership and allows transport of your restricteds to approved ranges. The only thing is you do have to pay range or guest fees to whatever range you visit in BC. As far as our assinine rules go, getting a range membership in whatever province you're in just saves a lot of headaches for getting LTATTs and transfers. At least until, hopefully, our new laws take effect ( IF they take effect!!)

Here is a very good video I watched just last night about the subject matter. It's about 15mins long, but worth the watch.

http://youtu.be/ewseb59lLzk

You can buy without being a member. You just can't take it out anywhere which makes you a collector.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast