Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: acquiring restricted firearms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchCTRL View Post
    Is there an equivalent mobile membership for Ontario?
    Nope.
    CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Nope.
    Yeah, silvercore is great

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Too bad we cant get a range union of sorts where we can pay for a membership and it covers us for ranges all across Canada. Perhaps a small guest fee? I told my wife the first purchase I'm gonna make if we ever win the lotto, is to buy a membership for every range in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    You don't need to belong to a club or range to get your license or buy one but most CFOs require membership to transport. This will be changing soon with new coming legislation that will allow transport as a condition of the license
    That will be nice... When the heck will that be implemented ?

Damn good video and scary at the same time..........so what happens if your are caught with an illegal firearm????
    Tarred, feathered, tortured and then shot???

I just got my att back from CFO in NS. Took only a week. The local club I joined put on the app that i could go to any approved gun club and that stipulation is on my condition paper, so I'm good to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by lwsice View Post
    I just got my att back from CFO in NS. Took only a week. The local club I joined put on the app that i could go to any approved gun club and that stipulation is on my condition paper, so I'm good to go!!
    good to know. i wonder if they will do that here in ontario when i get mine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ns_redneck View Post
    good to know. i wonder if they will do that here in ontario when i get mine.
    in ontario it will likely state any club you are a member in good standing of, and/or to a club by invitation. they want writen invitation. last fall, it was a big pissing contest. As an Exec they were giving me a hard time to get a guy a guest pass ATT for a day. For the invite it basicallty boils down to whet the club wants. (IE: invited by an exec, letter on letter head, txt, email).

Hope you have good luck...ns_redneck. ...I don't have my RPAL yet but am taking it tmro and Sunday. I have the 12-6 condition on my PAL as I bought a 9mm back in '88. That's what my ATT is for thus far...plan on getting a ruger 22/45 lite so then I can shoot at the local 22 club that I belong to also.

Quote Originally Posted by danoiwan View Post
    never agree to being a collector. When they ask, just tell them you are in the process of joining "insert club name"
    This is what I have always heard and the answer that I'll be going with when I purchase my first restricted in the next coming months. Im finishing school and have no time to go through joining a club right now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234