Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much should this have cost me? (Box of clays and a case of target load)

Perkins in Pembroke, 65 for a case of Challenger target load, 17 for 125 clays

Is the OP including taxes or not?

CGN Regular
    Ty for the info Redape!

Quote Originally Posted by redryder View Post
    Is the OP including taxes or not?
    no this is all before taxes even.

Clever Mirage loads normally sell for roughly $70 per flat, so it wasn't that bad. I've heard they're a pretty good hull.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Ive payed about $65.00 plus taxes the last time in the GTA for target loads, and thats up from $52.00 last year.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yodave's Avatar
    I paid 54.oo for a set of QRW rings from al flattery's that wholesale sports wanted 109.oo for..............also paid 280.oo for 1000 6mm bullets from a small shop that wholesale wanted 374.oo for the same bullet........and both of those purchases I was just some random dude on the phone with a credit card. Goes to show that sometimes you have to shop around.

Some of the lower prices are old stock, wait until you see the new prices on the shelf this fall with the lower dollar and shortages of stock, heck just go and price 22 rimfire ammo........at any shop........

Your likely going to get better prices when the owners see you dropping well over a grand on supplies, if your in a store trying to stretch a 20 dollar bill every other week of course your unlikely to get a smoking deal..........
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Friends don't let friends drive fords

Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    Your likely going to get better prices when the owners see you dropping well over a grand on supplies, if your in a store trying to stretch a 20 dollar bill every other week of course your unlikely to get a smoking deal..........
    The only way to make sure you get the best price is to shop around aggressively. That doesn't mean you'll get the best service, just the best price. Spending more allows the small shop owners flexibility to play around with their margins.

BANNED
    Your local gun shop will never be able to compete with Cabela's prices. They buy by the truck load and get a better wholesale price.
    Don't compare on-line prices with shop prices. On-line will cost you more due to the shipping cost. Those are not set by the retailer either. They're set by the carrier with a bunch of government interference.
    And if you don't buy from the local guy, sooner or later there will be no local guy.

You paid a small premium, whatever...
    Did you have fun shooting?

Ps, don't buy there anymore.

[QUOTE=wd123;10521507]@smally21

One of my friend's has a dad who shops there and has for a long time. As a result, he (my friend) gets' the "old timer price" as he put it, when he shops there and it's not busy. This is a great example of how the world works

/QUOTE]

IFTFY

In my opinion this is just how the world works, any person I deal with whether it's my mechanic or my local honda parts dealer etc etc gives me a price break because the know I've been a good customer for years. If you are a new customer you need to expect to pay full price till they get to know you and maybe the friends and family deals will happen. It's like this everywhere, I do it at work myself. New clients pay the shop rate which is fair, long time repeat clients get a bit of a break which is no skin off my end and my regulars appreciate it.

I try and do my homework when I buy anything, sometimes I buy local, sometimes I buy online. It depends on the price, customer service/warranty support, who locally carries it, shipping cost. Sometimes paying a bit more from a local shop is a better deal than getting the lowest price online, if you know what I mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12