Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got the first gun that belongs to me! :)

CGN frequent flyer

Got the first gun that belongs to me! :)

Got the M&P40 today in the mail. Well packed and fast shipping. Really nice to deal with Joe. Thanks!

CSSA Life Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Just a question. Do I have to register it with CFO myself, or it's already done and I just need to wait for the registration paper to come(and the ATT of course) before taking it to my range?

Quote Originally Posted by luckey View Post
    Got the M&P40 today in the mail. Well packed and fast shipping. Really nice to deal with Joe. Thanks!

CSSA Life Member

congrats! Just wait for the paper, ATT is from your range apply for you.
    Member CSSA, NFA

The registration process is handled by the CFO - since you have the handgun, obviously the transfer was approved and your registration should arrive shortly.

Contact your gun club and make sure they're aware that you have received the pistol. The gun club will submit the paperwork to the CFO. Once approved by the CFO, the ATT is sent to your club.

Depending on the club, they occasionally "forget" to submit your paperwork. It's a good idea that if you haven't heard from your gun club in 6 weeks or so, call the CFO - while they don't issue the ATT directly to you, they CAN tell you if the ATT has been processed - - kind of a back-door method to keeping your gun club honest, if they have a past issue with their members
    "This is my country, there are many like it, but this one is mine---------"

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks Bg2xbq & PPCLIGullyPlatoon. It's really various waiting games then.

1 months for the PAL result, another for PAL to arrive, now registration, then my glub's probation, then ATT. Well, all good. Patience is very good for this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by PPCLIGullyPlatoon View Post
    The registration process is handled by the CFO - since you have the handgun, obviously the transfer was approved and your registration should arrive shortly.

Contact your gun club and make sure they're aware that you have received the pistol. The gun club will submit the paperwork to the CFO. Once approved by the CFO, the ATT is sent to your club.

Depending on the club, they occasionally "forget" to submit your paperwork. It's a good idea that if you haven't heard from your gun club in 6 weeks or so, call the CFO - while they don't issue the ATT directly to you, they CAN tell you if the ATT has been processed - - kind of a back-door method to keeping your gun club honest, if they have a past issue with their members
    CSSA Life Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Oh, another question. Once I have the registration and ATT, do I need to keep the originals with me when going to club, or copies are fine?
    I vaguely remember the instructor said copies are fine for registration and ATT(originals kept in safe), just keep the RPAL card with me.

Thanks Bg2xbq & PPCLIGullyPlatoon. It's really various waiting games then.

1 months for the PAL result, another for PAL to arrive, now registration, then my glub's probation, then ATT. Well, all good. Patience is very good for this sport.
    CSSA Life Member

enjoy. my first pistol was the mp9. shot it a few times and then had to get more pistols to try all the different types :D

Oh, another question. Once I have the registration and ATT, do I need to keep the originals with me when going to club, or copies are fine?
    I vaguely remember the instructor said copies are fine for registration and ATT(originals kept in safe), just keep the RPAL card with me.
    The REAL ATT stays with the Club (technically, it's theirs) - - my club gives me a copy which I keep with a copy of my registration and club membership in a zip-lock bag under the foam of my carry case.

I keep my RPAL in my wallet
    "This is my country, there are many like it, but this one is mine---------"

Congrats! That was an exciting and rewarding day for me when it happened, I'm happy for you! AFAIK copies are fine, but there are a number of lawyers (along with a pile of knowledgeable citizens) that could confirm for you, probably best to a) try the search function and then b) post in the Legalese section to be safe.

Nice,my first was a norinco 1911.in Alberta we have to send proof of club membership before an att is issued.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast