Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitchy XCR bolt release

Twitchy XCR bolt release

Hi,
    I have noticed that my XCR seems to have developed a rather sensitive and independent bolt release function. A light bump and forward she goes.
    Is this normal? (I hope not) and is there a fix?
    Thanks,
    david.low@shaw.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rugerman's Avatar
    Double.
    Last edited by Rugerman; 09-29-2014 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Double post
    Banning legal handguns is nothing more than a victory for symbolism over substance, for activity over achievement.
    © National Post 2006

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rugerman's Avatar
    Interesting problem. No, it's not normal. Mine was just the opposite. You had to push with great force to release it. Wondering if the spring is too light/weak. I would contact Wolverine. They got me new parts pronto and now everything is fine.
    Banning legal handguns is nothing more than a victory for symbolism over substance, for activity over achievement.
    © National Post 2006

Agreed, that's not normal. Mine's never been to easy or too hard.

Mine's sensitive, it's one of the things that I think were not properly designed on this platform (like the buffer, return spring/takedown and the receiver retaining pins...). Still a good rifle though, works and is very comfortable.

Mine is also extremely sensitive. Has been from day one. Maybe it's time I order a new spring as well. Anyone have issues with the bolt holding open after last round fired?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You need a new bolt catch. I just got one for mine from Wolverine to fix the same issue. Prove safe, set it down and the bolt slams shut. Order and extra buffer pad while your on the phone. My order was $70.60 shipped to Ontario for 2 buffer pads and a new bolt catch.

Hold open is just fine and the gun has less than 1000 rounds trough it so hard to see how I would need a new bolt catch, unless there was a design flaw in some of them.
    I do have the spare parts kit, I think there is a spring in there.

I would lean more to it being the bolt catch (vs the spring..)

I had to replace my bolt catch last year because it was noticeably worn and not holding the bolt open. Contact Wolverine directly and talk to their guys, they will steer you in the right direction.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast