Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am completely confused about the body armour act and if it is legal,where to buy?

You know whats even stupider, the reason why you need a permit for body armour in Manitoba.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    You need a permit in Manitoba. Alberta and BC have exceptions for PAL holders, Manitoba does not.

Keep in mind, most soft body armour will only stop handgun rounds. If you are out in the bush, most stuff out there will go through your soft armour.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radmacks View Post
    You know whats even stupider, the reason why you need a permit for body armour in Manitoba.
    Or the fact you need a permit at all.

If you want to punish people for using them for nefarious acts, then make it an offence to possess body armour while in the commission of an offence.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I get it. But in all reality most people aren't out hunting with pistol calibre rounds. A soft vest might stop some shotgun loads but pretty much anything bigger than 223 will go right through it.
    I completely understand what you are saying. I always wore a soft vest shooting pistols growing up so I have a tendency to want to wear something that can stop a stray round if possible, even though in all likely hood it is entirely unnecessary.

*Edit* - OP, I seem to remember seeing either empty plate carriers or body armor for sale at SFRC a few months back.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Stray rifle rounds are still full power. Stray or on target, soft armour doesn't do anything. Plates are necessary.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Yes. You can use and possess it. You posted the exact section that permits PAL holders to possess and use without permit.

There is no trick. Possession includes wearing, aka using. You're thinking too hard.
    Thanks for the clearance. Now does anybody know where to buy a plate vest in greater Vancouver?

Most surplus stores ell them. I wear armour 95% of the time when I'm shooting...even if it's at the range...never know if some retard will shoot without knowing the rules...it's happened numerous times.

CGN Regular
    I was in the Arizona dessert a few years ago and you could hear someone shooting in the distance which happens all the time.
    then I heard something fly by with a warbling buzzing sound. how close do you think that was to hear it like that ??
    sorry don't mean to derail the thread .
    C.C.F.R "There is no faster way to create division within a group of equals than by treating some of them more equal than the rest"

Guys, I'm a bit worried. There seems to be an October,7,2015 update on the body armour control act: http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...de/00_09024_01

It doesn't seem to mention anything about a PAL license anymore. I remember seeing a section that mentions that people with PALs are exempted and can acquire body armor without a permit. I don't see it anywhere anymore. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(For people that live in BC)

Update: My mistake. I was looking at the main body armor control act. The firearms license part is under the body armour control regulation. http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/...atreg/203_2010
    Last edited by Sevensixtwoby39; 10-22-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: mistake

AS a PAL holder you can buy and use body armour, however you can't wear it to and from the range or while cutting the grass, you have to wear it at the range while engaged in shooting activities. I have requested clarification if it can be worn while hunting, but I have not heard back from the ministry. I spoke to an RCMP member who told me as long as you are not part of the criminal underworld chances of being charged are minimal. Finding a dealer that will sell to you may be a challenge though. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by the_correcter View Post
    AS a PAL holder you can buy and use body armour, however you can't wear it to and from the range or while cutting the grass, you have to wear it at the range while engaged in shooting activities.
    BS

Post up the offense that is committed by a person with an exemption or permit commits if wearing the armor not while shooting/at the range.

Shawn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast