Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AWSOME Steyr pistol L9 A1....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Just was on the phone with Gary for my L40 A1 and he is gonna call the supplier if it will be possible to bring my L40 A1 with the trapezoid sights, i love the Tritium one, but it would be nice to have at least one pistol with them... They are supposed to be fantastic... Hopefully... JP.

I had both an M and an L. The grips on the Steyrs are absolutely fantastic, and the slide serrations are the best. The M9A1's trigger is pretty good but you could buy an inexpensive upgrade that smoothed it out significantly.
    The L9A1 model has a better trigger than even that right out of the box. I won't say it's a PPQ trigger, but it's close.

The L also has marginally better accuracy and reduced muzzle flip than the M, but I also had problems with mags not dropping free, failures to return to battery and the spent brass being launched consistently at my head. At the end of the day I found the M to be more reliable, and had a better size : performance ratio. You can also actually find holsters for it.

I've got a pretty in depth thread here.

All that said, if the Steyr L came out in .357 Sig I would be first in line to buy one.

Also, I contacted Steyr in Austria regarding the lack of available trap sights here and they mailed me a set right away! That was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    I had both an M and an L. The grips on the Steyrs are absolutely fantastic, and the slide serrations are the best. The M9A1's trigger is pretty good but you could buy an inexpensive upgrade that smoothed it out significantly.
    The L9A1 model has a better trigger than even that right out of the box. I won't say it's a PPQ trigger, but it's close.

The L also has marginally better accuracy and reduced muzzle flip than the M, but I also had problems with mags not dropping free, failures to return to battery and the spent brass being launched consistently at my head. At the end of the day I found the M to be more reliable, and had a better size : performance ratio. You can also actually find holsters for it.

I've got a pretty in depth thread here.

All that said, if the Steyr L came out in .357 Sig I would be first in line to buy one.

Also, I contacted Steyr in Austria regarding the lack of available trap sights here and they mailed me a set right away! That was pretty cool.
    It would seem they have worked all the little bugs out of the pistol, i know 500 rounds is not a fullproof test but none of the problems you had, showed up here... I cant find one thing so far that bugged me, i was more impressed than anything by this L9, especially, i had my Les Baer with me so i could swich pistols for comparaisons.... Looking forward to get my L40, hopefully with the trapezoid sights... And we will find a way to bring a L357 Sig to Canada, i am pretty sure... JP.

I've shot at least 2000 rounds through mine and have had ZERO issues. The HK fanboys like to poop on Steyr pistols because the cost is around half but they really are great quality guns. I have a custom leather holster made for mine from a buddy in North Carolina. Looks great too!
    UT INCEPIT FIDELIS SIC PERMANET / Loyal She Began, Loyal She Remains

My brother has the 40-A1, and loves it way more than his Glock. He states the bore axis is low, so recoil feels much less, less muzzle flip and reacquires the target quicker than the Glock. I have only held it and it feels great, points nicely, the trapezoid sights are different but you get used to them real quick and the trigger is super ! Saving up to buy mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Just talked to Dan and told him, i want my name on a Steyr L40 A1, if they get some, i need one in 40 S&W badly now that i know... JP.

Just got confirmation from Gary that he found for me a M40 A1 new production with the trapezoid sights, i should have it in the near future... JP.
    Last edited by caramel; 10-02-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Next, i will be on the case for a Steyr 357 Sig... M357 A1 ( hard to get but i will do extra and pay extra to get one) to add to L9 AI and M40 A1, that should be a hell of a trio... JP.

Made a little video of the Steyr pistol trigger and reset... JP. ( Please press on picture )

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Next, i will be on the case for a Steyr 357 Sig... M357 A1 ( hard to get but i will do extra and pay extra to get one) to add to L9 AI and M40 A1, that should be a hell of a trio... JP.
    Good luck with that, the single batch of M 9mm and .40 models that made it into Canada had specially made extended barrels. I'd be very surprised if there was even one in Canada. Maybe you can convert a .40 somehow.

CGN Regular
    I may know someone that can do the 357 sig conversion for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast