Thread: Introducing the FerFrans Concussion Reduction Device Modular Muzzle Brake

Expired Business Member

Introducing the FerFrans Concussion Reduction Device Modular Muzzle Brake

ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH CTCSupplies.ca

The new Ferfrans Modular Muzzle Brake System is a two part system consisting of the performance MUZZLE BRAKE MOUNT + CRD (Concussion Reduction Device) which features a built in quick attach/detach mechanism.

Muzzle Brake Mount Specs:
    • Weight - 4.0 oz
    • Length - 2.28"

CRD (Concussion Reduction Device) Specs:
    • Length - 2.17"
    • Width - 1.6" Diameter

Total weight of the system combined is 10.4 ounces.

Available in both .223 Remington/5.56mm NATO (1/2x28 TPI) and .308 Winchester/7.62mm NATO (5/8x24 TPI)

$249.99

So what exactly is the CRD? The CRD is just the outer shroud that can be quickly attached or detached from the FERFRANS muzzle brake. The CRD and the muzzle brake together make up the FERFRANS CQB Modular Muzzle Brake System. What the CRD does is gives the operator the ability to shoot their AR-15 with a muzzle brake without the chest thumping concussion, which explains its handle—Concussion Reduction Device.

I took the opportunity to fire my AR-15 both with and without the CRD attached to the FERFRANS muzzle brake. Right off the bat, I discovered it performed as I expected. But, instead of stopping there, I sought out a second opinion. I met a gentleman by the name of Mr. Brewster at the range that day. I figured he would be a good candidate to help me since I had never met him previously and he had never seen or heard of a FERFRANS CRD before. I asked him if he would like to help me out with reviewing an item and he told me “Oh sure, you betcha.” (We are from Minnesota after all).

FERFRANS CRD Review - thearmsguide.com
    While shooting at the range, Mr. Brewster was impressed with the reduction in concussion when I shot my AR-15 with the FERFRANS CRD.
    I fired my AR-15 five times with the CRD attached with Mr. Brewster volunteering about 5 feet to the right of me. I think he took a few brass ejections to the chest, but he didn’t seem to mind. I then removed the CRD so I would only be utilizing the FERFRANS muzzle brake and took five more shots. After Mr. Brewster gracefully withstood some more brass to the chest, I asked him if he could sense a difference. He told me that he felt much less concussion when the CRD was attached compared to without it.

Based on my own opinion and also the opinion of a completely neutral party, I can say that the FERFRANS CRD does just what it’s supposed to do. It reduces the concussion from the muzzle brake to a more comfortable level while still maintaining the flat shooting benefits of a muzzle brake.

Hi,

Do you have any idea when it will be back in stock?

Thanks
    “Don't wait. The time will never be just right.” - Napoleon Hill.

Hello

Regulations wise, is this the same as a regular muzzle brake?

Federally regulated, so the same for all provinces right?

Thanks

Expired Business Member
    This is just the same as a muzzle brake. This does not moderate the sound at all. Simply muffles the concussive blast.

Do you have any idea when it will be back in stock?

Thanks
    “Don't wait. The time will never be just right.” - Napoleon Hill.

Expired Business Member
    These are back in stock in 5.56

$279.99

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Hey CTCS. Can you guys get in touch with Lantac in regaurds to thier similar device the Lantac BMD? I am looking for more up to date info and can not see any new info since SHOT on the web. I have 1 Lantac in 7.62x51 that needs one and 1 (soon to be 2) in 5.56.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Expired Business Member
    Lantac BMDs haven't' been released yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I am aware of that. Just looking for updated info.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA