Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backpacker 12Ga sticky chamber?

CGN Regular
    the one I have has checkering but its possible it has changed. Got mine late last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Which one is the right pic? They have one with checkering on the stock and one smooth.....looks like the lever to break it open is different too?

Quote Originally Posted by drumstyx View Post
    Anyone had extraction problems with the backpacker? I took mine to the range this past weekend (brand new, cleaned and lubed before going) and had the DA slug spent shells get *really* stuck in the chamber. One of them I got a bit rough with trying to get out, and it bent the rim of the shell, so I had to push it out with a rod!

Should I be looking at polishing the chamber or something?

Also, how about the hammer hooking up when trying to cock it? Occasionally I couldn't pull back the hammer, even after making sure the trigger reset.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it, assuming I can get this extraction issue fixed.
    Hello!
    Please contact us for any warranty issues.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Regular
    I have seen 3 versions.
    Oldest one has no checkering and is much nicely made. The barrel is twice as thick and much better overall quality.

Then there are the newer ones, thinner barrel. One had checkering on buttstock only, other checkered on borh butt and forestock.

Just for the record, Canada Ammo was awesome when I mentioned the fore grip flying off. No questions asked they sent me a shipping label to send it back. Buy with confidence. Just keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Backpacker is a fun gun, effing loud but fun.

OK I guess the next question is for CanAm.....any of the smooth stock versions left, and if so, how do I specify that's the one I want?
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

OK I guess the next question is for CanAm.....any of the smooth stock versions left, and if so, how do I specify that's the one I want?
    Non-Restricted firearms aren't taken out of the box (no need to look for serial numbers) before shipping so unless it said anything different on the front of the box I think it would take too much time to sort out new or old style stocks... IMO

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody-to View Post
    I have seen 3 versions.
    Oldest one has no checkering and is much nicely made. The barrel is twice as thick and much better overall quality.

Then there are the newer ones, thinner barrel. One had checkering on buttstock only, other checkered on borh butt and forestock.

Just for the record, Canada Ammo was awesome when I mentioned the fore grip flying off. No questions asked they sent me a shipping label to send it back. Buy with confidence. Just keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Backpacker is a fun gun, effing loud but fun.
    The front sight bead on mine blew off from shooting slugs many many months ago and I haven't shot it since. Will Canam cover it? :o

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Non-Restricted firearms aren't taken out of the box (no need to look for serial numbers) before shipping so unless it said anything different on the front of the box I think it would take too much time to sort out new or old style stocks... IMO
    Then I guess me $$ be stayin in me pockets....

Then I guess me $$ be stayin in me pockets....
    These guns shoot themselves apart i have the double barrel version and after 6 shots the piece between and on the under sides of the barrels fell off.and ive had the forstock and barrels fall right off the gun after a shot making me feel like an ass.
    But theses are really fun too shoot and dont pattern half as bad as i thought they would.
    Every screw needs a threadlock compound on it as they all back out.
    And you need ear protection ans a strong shoulder (very fing loud)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12