Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: posting frequency

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    So, you're insinuating I'm a child? Isn't that in of itself somewhat childish?

Just because I'm new here, doesn't mean I'm new to forums.
    Access to the News Digest, and Off Topics need to be requested from the appropriate moderators. Access needs to be manually approved so it may take a few days.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Post as often as you like, especially if you have factual and meaningful content, like all of Sunrays posts.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    Access to the News Digest, and Off Topics need to be requested from the appropriate moderators. Access needs to be manually approved so it may take a few days.
    I applied to EE, OT and news right after joining and was given access to EE and news almost immediately. But still don't have access to OT. I was just wondering if there was a typical waiting time, or if it varies depending on certain factors (and what those factors might be), etc. etc. I'm just curious to see what's it's about. I suppose once I get in, I'll see that it's no big deal. But, still...

I just had another look at the rules. Says I have to wait 90 days to join 'off topics'. That answers one question, but creates another; why the wait?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Oh, I didn't remember that being a requirement.

It's probably there to weed out the tourists who only drop by for a weekend, fart loudly, and then disappear.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    Oh, I didn't remember that being a requirement.

It's probably there to weed out the tourists who only drop by for a weekend, fart loudly, and then disappear.
    LOL... gross.

It's still a weird rule. As soon as you join up, you can post on any other board. What's so special about off topic? (I suppose if I could actually see, then I would know.)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    LOL... gross.

It's still a weird rule. As soon as you join up, you can post on any other board. What's so special about off topic? (I suppose if I could actually see, then I would know.)
    Honestly, all we talk about is the latest fashions for purse dogs and how to buy the perfect set of knitting needles. It's all quite boring. Sometimes folks will talk about hot girls, topics of the smut variety, hockey, jokes and what truck to buy but I tend to stay away from all that. Far too exciting for my tastes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    You can tell who has a desk job, by their post count. Don't tell my boss.
    A damn. I'm not fooling anybody am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Tongarirohiker View Post
    Honestly, all we talk about is the latest fashions for purse dogs and how to buy the perfect set of knitting needles. It's all quite boring. Sometimes folks will talk about hot girls, topics of the smut variety, hockey, jokes and what truck to buy but I tend to stay away from all that. Far too exciting for my tastes.
    I can't see why they seem to protect that forum so strenuously, yet leave all the other forums, including the vendor ones, open to any troll or anti-gun-nut that comes along.

A friend of mine is on this site. I'll just have to have a look through his account. "Girls, smut, hockey, trucks"... I just have to see.
    Last edited by Bad Lieutenant; 10-09-2014 at 11:58 PM.

BANNED
    Hmm, have to disagree. I have very few posts...and no worthwhile, outside existence. (Yet even with so few posts, I just ramble on and on and on and on)
    Quote Originally Posted by barrett50cal View Post
    Post frequency is inversely proportional to having a life......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast