Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Savage 10-TR, $639.95, 308 Win, 24" Barrel!

I love love lov mine, it shoots so damn true! Totally outshot my old mossy night train, m14, and 700! Crazy value for the buck, but it likes heavier 168 - 178gr bt rounds
    "I live life one Quarter Pounder at a time.. for those 800 calories or more, I am FREE :D "

IPSC BC Member

I was talking to a guy in the Calgary Police Service, lamenting my occasional flyers out of an otherwise superbly accurate rifle. He said the trick with the Federal match grade 168gn is to seat the bullets .005" deeper. I haven't had the chance to try this yet but wanted to share that info. As is I'll get 3 rounds, holes touching, at 200 yards then a couple flyers that have a 1.5" spread. So the first 3 are 1/4 moa, then the 2 flyers make it 3/4 moa. I'm very happy with the rifle, but it's nice to know it can shoot even better! But, so far, 5 rounds at 600m in a 5" group is pretty decent for a $600 rifle
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

Quote Originally Posted by ALMAR View Post
    putting a weaver super slam 4-20 and alberta tactical 5/8-24 brake...

Does it come with the scope mount on it?
    Yes, but do yourself a favour and spend $100 for a good Farrel rail. The factory rail is aluminum and 0moa elevation. 20moa rail is perfect for this rifle if you want to reach out to 900m+
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456