Thread: How long does it usually take?

How long does it usually take?

So I've purchased a restricted from a local shop (also a site sponsor) and am now waiting for all the paperwork to be shuffled around before I can go pick it up.

Anyone care to share their experiences for how long it will take before I can go pick it up?

I'm hoping for Wednesday, given that I made the purchase over the phone Friday afternoon, and it's a long weekend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Who knows in Bantario? In BC, the transfer happens in about 2 days. At least in my experience. I did a deal with a guy in Ont. it took about a week for him after he initiated the transfer for it to come to me for me to confirm. It took one day for that one in BC. Took him 2 days to get a STATT in Toronto and 10 mins to my email in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
    So I've purchased a restricted from a local shop (also a site sponsor) and am now waiting for all the paperwork to be shuffled around before I can go pick it up.

Anyone care to share their experiences for how long it will take before I can go pick it up?

I'm hoping for Wednesday, given that I made the purchase over the phone Friday afternoon, and it's a long weekend.
    Well you're going to be waiting a few extra days. The Ontario CFO was closed last week until Friday. Soooo they have a big backlog of applications to handle.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    Well you're going to be waiting a few extra days. The Ontario CFO was closed last week until Friday. Soooo they have a big backlog of applications to handle.
    Really? Do you know why they were closed? Summer hours or some such nonsense?

My last one through Flaherty's took one day.

For anyone interested on an update:

The store called me today (Tuesday) to let me know it's ready to be picked up.

Pretty quick actually, especially considering it was a long weekend, I expected tomorrow at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Who knows in Bantario? In BC, the transfer happens in about 2 days. At least in my experience. I did a deal with a guy in Ont. it took about a week for him after he initiated the transfer for it to come to me for me to confirm. It took one day for that one in BC. Took him 2 days to get a STATT in Toronto and 10 mins to my email in BC.
    So it was the same in Ontario for this guy *cough*hater*cough*

If you want the private transfer process for firearms to be faster, tell the RCMP to email all of the necessary documentation to both the buyer and seller rather then use snail mail. Once your transfer has been approved by the CFO, they'll email all the pertinent documentation to both the buyer and seller if requested to do so.
    Last edited by kidcom; 10-15-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
    Really? Do you know why they were closed? Summer hours or some such nonsense?
    I really don't know. All I know is when I called the 1-800 number last week and connected to the Ontario CFO, I couldn't leave a message as their voice mailbox was full. I tried several times with no change. So I called their direct number in Orillia. That's when I found out, by recorded message, that the office was closed.

CGN Regular
    I had a transfer completed the same day, and another one put in a few days latter took 2.5 weeks. with the long weekend they are probably a bit behind.