Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiappa Alaskan Scout

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    As I mentioned before, China is moving away from the older, complex, hand-fitted guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcold View Post
    I can't bring myself to buy anything Norinco
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvern View Post
    Me neither, its just junk!
    I think you two are in the wrong forum

Quote Originally Posted by BCPilotguy View Post
    When I saw this: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...n-rifles-44mag!!! My first thought was "Norinco could do something like that for less" Considering the attention that these rifles drew at over $1200, I would imagine they would be a hot seller if Norinco were to produce a clone.
    Unfortunately, without the support of large government contracts it is not going to happen any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Well to each his own, I would be in for one if the price was right! As for Chinese junk, some is for sure and some not, I have 3 NorC 1911 from the special and they shoot well, even with the Norc ammo and no FTf with that! Then again I have a 780 shotgun and have not fired it yet as so many have failed in owners hands!! Ask any Chinese sks owners about their rifles, from what I have read here they are quite happy! I think you can get very acceptable gear from China but also crappy stuff depending on what the buyer requests and negotiates for price!
    Hey I bought a Ram truck last year for the first time because it was so much cheaper than a GM, big mistake!
    x2 would love an Aston Martin DB7 but can only afford a mustang myself
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    If you want a cheap 1892 action rifle look at Rossi of brazil.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Well to each his own, I would be in for one if the price was right! As for Chinese junk, some is for sure and some not, I have 3 NorC 1911 from the special and they shoot well, even with the Norc ammo and no FTf with that! Then again I have a 780 shotgun and have not fired it yet as so many have failed in owners hands!! Ask any Chinese sks owners about their rifles, from what I have read here they are quite happy! I think you can get very acceptable gear from China but also crappy stuff depending on what the buyer requests and negotiates for price!
    Hey I bought a Ram truck last year for the first time because it was so much cheaper than a GM, big mistake!
    china has the ability to make very good quality copies, but quality is sacrificed when the company making the order wants it to cost 10% of the real thing. This seems to be what people do not understand when they buy the cheapest of the copies available on the market.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outcold View Post
    I can't bring myself to buy anything Norinco

I hear ya...I briefly had a Norinco 1911 in 9mm that was a POS, but I've owned several M305s over the years - those rifles can be a lot of fun.
    What do Tehran and Hiroshima have in common?

Nothing. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    china has the ability to make very good quality copies, but quality is sacrificed when the company making the order wants it to cost 10% of the real thing. This seems to be what people do not understand when they buy the cheapest of the copies available on the market.
    Yeap, not willing to pay the asking price, so they want someone else to make a cheaper knock off, where do people think the discount comes from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12