Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primus stoves

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    The stove above was used over the weekend at 0 degrees and slightly below.

If using below those temps, just stick the canister in your sleeping bag with you. Just keep it warmed up a little.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    The stove above was used over the weekend at 0 degrees and slightly below.

If using below those temps, just stick the canister in your sleeping bag with you. Just keep it warmed up a little.
    Yes, that is what I used to do. It works great until you have burned through the propane in the Isobuthane/buthane/propane mix. After that, the stove looses a lot of power until it no longer works. It's kind of hard to keep the self-cooling cartridge hot once it's out of your sleeping bag and fueling the stove in minus 0 temperatures. I know, I have used a Primus Express stove and a Primus Micron Lantern for years now. I also own the predecessor to the Easy Light Lantern, the same lantern but without the Piezo ignition. I love them all, but they get a little frustrating in cold temperatures. That is why I also have the Omnifuel; heavier and bulkier but works like a champ in cold weather.

If you have the opportunity OSTS, bring in the Primis Omni Fuel and Omni Lite stoves. Bomb proof hardcore Go anywhere stove kits

Any word on the next shipment of Firebox 5" stoves? Can you get the accessory kits?

GunNutz
    Can you get BioLite stoves? Fuel is no problem - you don't have to transport fuel because if you're camping, fuel is everywhere - they burn anything - pine cones, dried yak dung, wood chips, the box it comes in... AND after it's warmed up it charges your phone or other USB-charged devices... You need a match (or lighter), a knife to make tinder, and some dry material to get the fire started...

edit... I have one of these - I know it's available in Canada through a members-only store for outdoor people and I'm wondering if One Shot (or anyone else, for that matter) can bring them in, or if the other place has exclusive rights to Canadian distribution...
    Last edited by AikiNut; 10-18-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: clarification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12