Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primus stoves

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

Primus stoves

Lots in stock and ready for your fall camping/ hunting.

Great quality and fast. Had my coffee in under a minute this weekend.

Found here on the website.

Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Proprietary gas canisters only, or do these fit normal propane tanks?

They fit other styles of gas canisters as well (Brunton, MSR etc)

I suspect mexicanforklift is picturing those green propane canisters and no they do not fit those. They use the very common isobutane propane mix canisters found at just about any camping or outdoors store. Those green propane canisters won't work at all.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

Nope, the big green ones don't fit. They fit the bigger camp stoves but not the smaller back pack ones.

CGN Regular
    The 1lb green canisters (Coleman) are propane, these stove uses the smaller isobutane / propane / butane mix canisters. The iso canisters are usually available in 220 gram, but can also be found in 450 gram format (450 grams = 1lb). (MSR offers 4oz, 8 oz and 16 oz) The threads for the green Coleman type canisters are not the same as the isobutane canisters. The iso cannisters are lighter than the propane canisters and thus are preferred for backpacking (garbage in, garbage out). The propane stoves are usually much larger than the iso stoves. If you want a stove for the Bug Out Bag that's light and easy to operate, go with the iso butane. If you are car camping and are concerned about cost, go with propane. If you want the cheapest fuel and don't mind a little fuss, go with kerosene (messy, requires stove maintenance) or naphta (Coleman liquid fuel) (clean burning, requires some stove maintenance).

The iso stoves are light, inexpensive, almost maintenance free and easy to operate.

The technotrail should work fine with 1.5L pots (2-3 persons). With smaller pots, some of the heat may escape via the sides.

Great prices at the OneShotTactical store on the Primus gear. Add a Hennesy hammock and you can survive almost anywhere!

Read the title wrong :-$
    CSSA
    OFAH
    Grenville Fish and Game Club

Primus makes excellent stuff. I occasionally use one that is 50+ years old. :D
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Heads-up! If you're planning on using your Primus stove in sub-0 or close to 0℃, only the Primus multifuel and Omnifuel are worth considering. Butane canisters are practically useless at those temperatures. I have a Primus Express which is really practical during summer and early fall outings but useless during deer season. However, I just tried my new Omnifuel in sub-0℃ last week while moose hunting and it worked like charm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast