Thread: Shooting in and around Winnipeg MB - Shot gun and long rifle

Shooting in and around Winnipeg MB - Shot gun and long rifle

Hey guys, So I haven't posted on CGN for a while and have been living in Winnipeg for 4 years now. I have a Remington 870 and have been shooting clay pigeons for a while with a friend in his boss's farm field outside of Winnipeg. I have recently purchased a savage axis in .308 and I'm trying to find a place to sight in my scope. I'm going for my hunter safety course in hopes to go hunting with my uncle and friend. I don't have a membership anywhere to any local ranges, Selkirk fish and game club being the closest to me. I could apply for a membership but it could take up to 4 weeks and then that's already into deer season and I don't want to be left behind when they go hunting. Is there anywhere I can go to sight in my scope? I have paper targets and ammo etc but nowhere to go that i know of. I can't find shooting maps for in and around Winnipeg online either. Can anyone give me any info please?

sandylands gravel pits or the pits out by anola are commonly used for rec. shooting. They are also heavuly used for quading and dirt biking so be very cautious of your surroundings and what is beyond your shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    Hunters really are the richest men in the world. We're more closely connected to nature and we take the time to appreciate the finer things in life - including the fundamentals of life itself.

You could say we take time to smell the coffee.:D