Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for costco safe key #40

looking for costco safe key #40

We need to use a #40 Costco safe key, let us know if anyone in the fraser valley area has one they can let us use to open a safe! Thanks.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    If you don't find help I can mail you one from Calgary

Thanks! We would prefer someone locally, but may have to take you up on that....
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

no one local?

Did you check with your local costco? they should have a master.

Does your key no longer work in the safe (or have you lost it)? I have the costco safe as well, my key no longer will open the lock. If anyone knows where to get a replacement, please let me know! Dread having to take the whole safe back...
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Drumboy, try vibrating the mechanism as you work the key by tapping on the safe with a rubber mallet or a block of wood.
    The key does not really turn very much to release the lock so try the lever as well as you are tapping(two person job).
    Once you get it open you should remove the door cover and get inside and see what's causing the issue. Could be loose parts or metal debris,lack of lubricant etc but it should be fairly easy to resolve
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Thanks Can-down! Will give it a go.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Yes, the batteries are dead.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    Yes, the batteries are dead.
    Are both your backup keys locked inside? Or do you have the same issue as Drumboy where your key is not working in the lock?

I have a costco safe and my backup keys would not work when it was brand new and I was testing them.... I finally jiggled and wiggled the mechanism enough to free it up and get it working.
    My lock starts to sound a bit differently when the batteries are getting low and I replace them when I notice it and keep the backup keys in a mechanical dial lock safe.

Good luck. I mailed a key to a Gnuter a few years back and he mailed it back...... easy enough since they come with 2.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast