Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Item? Fabarm Boomsticks!

I disagree> I was pretty excited to pick up my SAT8...looks sexy as hell...performed just like a hot, crazy, chick...and got rid of that piece of ####. Muzzle break unscrewed every 20 rnds, as did the "Tactical Charging Handle". Choked on anything lighter than #4 shot. After 50 rnds, the front ghost ring sight flew 10m down range, and I never recovered the screw, warped choke pinged slugs. Sold it, and bought a Benelli M2 for the same price, would never go back. Your mileage may vary, good luck...
    Mmmmm...you can really taste the goat.

Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post
    Agree with you on all points...except with 3" shells.

Have you noticed that the bolt often needs to be pushed forward to chamber a 3" shell?

On my SAT8 the 3" shells get caught up on the release latch which looks like a design flaw and not a "bad gun."; the edge is sharp and will cut into the tip of a 3" shell preventing it from chambering under the force of the recoil/tube spring. A little push forward clears it and allows for the shell to chamber. I ordered replacement parts thinking maybe bad part, but exact same.

2-3/4" reliability is incredible though. Never had a failure of any kind.

Cheers~
    Ive not tried 3" shells in it yet; i suspect i would have the same issue. Ill let you know when i try them though. Going to get my turkey licence and will get some 3" for that purpose...

I have the 'pistol' version and also hate the rub marks (I've tried sanding the forearm but it didn't help (although I wasn't aggressive about it) BUT it is a fantastic little shotgun and is well made, very accurate out of a tiny barrel and really popular with the youth I mentor, we even shoot clays with it sometimes. I saw the 'new' models and they looked really good, a lot more dressed up than my original version not sure I'd sell mine to by the new one but just so you know there are two styles out there in some models. I should note I had an SDASS in Carbon and send it back because the finish wasn't up to the price of the gun, but like I said the pistol model I have came with two stocks and is a dream, I'll be buying another soon.

when i brought my sdass i got it for 600$ new mind you that was a few years ago. the only problem i had was the spring assist in the pump, removed the spring and have never had a problem. also bought a sat 9 use them both for multi gun and the go and go and go not a single problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234