Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 Teaser Part 4 (NO THEY DON'T HAVE CHROME LINED BARRELS)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    W

Ok, what?

18.5" barrels have been pressed into Vz58 recivers for over a decade now. CZ was the first to do this with the 858 and I'm sure they haven't forgoten the formula (smaller gas port and smaller diameter piston) for the 958. As for CSA, the problems with those guns were due to production errors. '11, '12, and '14 dated rifles have had zero over gas issues. Only '13 rifles had problems.

Word around the campfire is CSA did some design changes in with the bolt and breech block in 2013 to reduce the amount of milling and speed up production. The weight of these parts were reduced and requiring less gas pressure to cycle the action, but they didn't adjust the gas system to compensate causing broken breech blocks.
    Whatever. With vz58 2013 they attempted to fiddle with construction without noticing obvious overgas clues. That suggested they did not care to shoot at least few hundred rounds to test it properly. So QA has passed it for mass production.
    Oh, and wasn't it a gremlin issue with Cz858 after they converted it to semiautomatic? Seems like every time they do some "improvisations" with this rifle it initially blows up somewhere.
    So same story could be with cz958. What if one has undertighten those little screws? The whole thing with that massive scope on the top would move a tiny bit back-and-forth due to recoil, screws would wiggle as well. After shooting n number of rounds before one eventualy would notice a problem the holes and screws would get damaged. Could it be real scenario? Overtightening screws is another scenario of imediate damage. How this rifle is designed against this possibility. Im just guessing based on description of the design, did not handle the gun myself, so may be this possibility is addressed somehow

Im not against this new model. I just would suggest to hold off for a year or so from buying it untill they fix all possible problems reported by its early adopters.
    Last edited by serg777; 04-05-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Is there any update on the status of the 958 yet? Is it still coming?
    — Input Acorn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    I would like to see 858's return with the 958 being a heavier 7.62x51 to up the variety
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

762x54r would get my vote, doubt we will see ether anytime soon

I believe North Sylva is still thinking about ordering some CSA made VZ58s in .308 but they are looking for significant interest before that would happen. They would also be more expensive than normal VZ58s because CSA would need to recoup the loss on the new tooling.

I was hoping the 958 would be prescribed non-restricted by OIC at the same time as the 858. I guess it didn't pan out.
    We stand on guard for thee.

Cant wait to see this rifle on sale !!!

And no need for chrome bore, i know how to clean a rifle and not too lazy to do it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    How big will the first shipment expected to be?
    Is there good chances lot's of people waiting on this will have their hands on it, or will the first shipment be limited and only the close followers will put their hands on one?

BANNED
    Im sure this has been answered in one of the 24 pages, but will the handguard, grip and stock be interchangeable with the vz58? Logic would dictate that yes, but i wanna make sure

CGN Regular
    Yes all hand guards and pistol grips will be interchangeable