Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 313151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 Teaser Part 4 (NO THEY DON'T HAVE CHROME LINED BARRELS)

I'm in for a tactical! Take my damn money or I'll be forced to buy the wife a birthday present with it!
    Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day

Should i put off buying a Vz58 and wait for this to be available? Would we look at under 6 months until it's approved and available for purchase/pre-order? Thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    Should i put off buying a Vz58 and wait for this to be available? Would we look at under 6 months until it's approved and available for purchase/pre-order? Thank you
    i think you dream too much might be 6 year .... just look at the aero i think the first to ask was like 3-4 year ago and they got them just a few week ago
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

I'm in the same boat, would like to buy a vz 58, am willing to wait for a 958, but not ANOTHER 6 months!!!!!

Well you made up my mind. Ill just buy the vz than once the cz comes out ill get one as well. Cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    That's what I did! Haha my Vz is getting lonely though, needs some 958 lovin'.
    |CCFR|

I want one keep us posted

CGN Regular
    I wonder how much engineering thoughts and testing has been put in this model. Cz858 is a military gun. Usually it takes few years and many thousands if not millions of rounds spent on polygon, few iterations of finding problems and fixing them before going to mass production. Therefore every military grade gun is a perfect result of research and development.
    What can you tell about this new gun? They think swapping one part for another does not affect its functionality? How much testing was done?
    Csa recently had a good lesson: somehow their small arms "engineers" (if ever have any) thought snapping in a longer barrel into the same receiver to meet Canadian damn laws will make same rifle but with longer barrel? How much they knew about the guns, if they missed the the simple thing: longer barrel - more gasses pushing the piston - more recoil for which the parts were not designed - hence broken bolts and firing pins on earlier models of vz58 Until they have redesigned gas port.

in most cases when you change/redesign the part of perfectly designed mechanism its functionality is affected not in a good way. Unless adding some gimmicks which do not do any good nor bad.
    With this cz958 First problem is obvious: field strip would require unscrewing four screws. Takes awhile. How many other guns have same field stripping procedure? After many times the treads will be worn or damaged due to possibly improper tightening. Not many people have a feeling of proper torque or may be they need to carry torque wrench? No fool proof mechanism implemented. Will the top part return to the same position to hold zero of the scope mounted on it? Let's hope you don't need to remove scope itself to remove those screws.
    Not sure if this gun meets common standards of gun engineering. I wish to be wrong on this, Time will tell.
    Last edited by serg777; 04-05-2015 at 12:44 AM.

CGN Regular
    ^ Chances are this gun will never see battle. A lot of the stuff on the VZ is nice, but it was designed to be used in combat was it not?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    W
    Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    I wonder how much engineering thoughts and testing has been put in this model. Cz858 is a military gun. Usually it takes few years and many thousands if not millions of rounds spent on polygon, few iterations of finding problems and fixing them before going to massume production. Therefore every military grade gun is a perfect result of research and development.
    What can you tell about this new gun? They think swapping one part for another does not affect its functionality? How much testing was done?
    Csa recently had a good lesson: somehow their small arms "engineers" (if ever have any) thought snapping in a longer barrel into the same receiver to meet Canadian damn laws will make same rifle but with longer barrel? How much they knew about the guns, if they missed the the simple thing: longer barrel - more gasses pushing the piston - more recoil for which the parts were not designed - hence broken bolts and firing pins on earlier models of vz58 Until they have redesigned gas port.

in most cases when you change/redesign the part of perfectly designed mechanism its functionality is affected not in a good way. Unless adding some gimmicks which do not do any good nor bad.
    With this cz958 First problem is obvious: field strip would require unscrewing four screws. Takes awhile. How many other guns have same field stripping procedure? After many times the treads will be worn or damaged due to possibly improper tightening. Not many people have a feeling of proper torque or may be they need to carry torque wrench? No fool proof mechanism implemented. Will the top part return to the same position to hold zero of the scope mounted on it? Let's hope you don't need to remove scope itself to remove those screws.
    Not sure if this gun meets common standards of gun engineering. I wish to be wrong on this, Time will tell.
    Ok, what?

18.5" barrels have been pressed into Vz58 recivers for over a decade now. CZ was the first to do this with the 858 and I'm sure they haven't forgoten the formula (smaller gas port and smaller diameter piston) for the 958. As for CSA, the problems with those guns were due to production errors. '11, '12, and '14 dated rifles have had zero over gas issues. Only '13 rifles had problems.

Word around the campfire is CSA did some design changes in with the bolt and breech block in 2013 to reduce the amount of milling and speed up production. The weight of these parts were reduced and requiring less gas pressure to cycle the action, but they didn't adjust the gas system to compensate causing broken breech blocks.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.