Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 Teaser Part 4 (NO THEY DON'T HAVE CHROME LINED BARRELS)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Meanwhile I am super surprised that anyone is making new 58s, presumably for a military contract (with all the chrome trimmings). It's basically a 50 year old design and the Czech government is using other designs more and more or developing newer designs themselves.
    Ya. They should use something modern.

Like the AR15. Designed in 1957. Unlike the vz58 which was designed from 56 to 58.

Old doesn't mean outdated. The US is using other designs and developing new ones. But yet the M14 and AR still fit the job.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Ya. They should use something modern.

Like the AR15. Designed in 1957. Unlike the vz58 which was designed from 56 to 58.

Old doesn't mean outdated. The US is using other designs and developing new ones. But yet the M14 and AR still fit the job.

Yea like the Browning M2 designed in 1918 ! Pretty much unchanged in almost 100 years and still the best HMG nato has to offer.

CGN frequent flyer
    Nice to see a sponsor making videos using the stuff us common folk have access to rather than full cap mags.

Do the people with the chrome barrel fetish also own Harleys?
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I know when the AR was made so no need to be rude. The Czechs themselves have designed and made their own modern rifle. I AM SURPRISED THE CZECHS AREN'T BUILDING MORE! Clear?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I know when the AR was made so no need to be rude. The Czechs themselves have designed and made their own modern rifle. I AM SURPRISED THE CZECHS AREN'T BUILDING MORE! Clear?
    Yup.

Tried and tested design, existing supply, exisitng parts base, training foundation, and cheaper to produce.

Makes perfect sense. Just like the US and Russian still rely on 50+ year old designs. It works.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Believe it or not, Ford is still using the same design for cars they've been using for 100 years. 4 tires and a steering wheel. Everything else along the way have been "improving".

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now give me my 958!!!
    NFA member. Because it's not just about "sport shooting"

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Will there be a "Canadian Edition" like the 858 had?
    The 958 seems pretty Canadian already
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkOfLight View Post
    The 958 seems pretty Canadian already
    Yes, but what I meant was will there be a version with the wood furniture engraved with a maple leaf like the 858 had.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    hey, we should chrome coat our currency! It would make far more protected against fluctuations and easier to clean off if we had recessions
    Hey, good idea! This new plastic funny money cant look any weirder. And maybe the chrome will help prevent it from snapping in half when winter comes....
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    hey, we should chrome coat our currency! It would make far more protected against fluctuations and easier to clean off if we had recessions
    Hmm... Chrome Loonie -> Chrony ---nahh.. trademarked already. -> Clooney --- I'm sure his wife won't mind -> Chrollar --- sounds too much like a fancy donut, but you could spend'em at Timmie's