Thread: Website

Website

Hi, this comment is not meant to be rude or try to be a jackass. Just trying to maby be a little helpful and offer an opinion. But on to the bad new, easier i visited your website on mobile and on my PC and I'm sorry to say i found both layouts to be horrible. They were both very hard to navigate and didn't seem very organized. I gave up trying to find my way around on mobile. Again this isn't suppose to be a hate thread or anything, I'm sure your grate people. Just wanted to let you know how I found your website design.
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

I don't have any problems with the navigation are you new to computers?

CGN Regular
    Seems fine to me and I spend my fair share of time on the web.

new to spelling for sure...

I'd have to agree with him, albeit not as horrible as he makes it seem, I've found that most firearm related websites have sub par categorization which makes it difficult to find specific items. At least they have a search function though!

BANNED
    I do hope you guys see the irony in commenting on a bad website design (which I disagree with) and the grammar of the said comment

I know I can't spell very well thank you. And no I'm not new to computers. I just found it very disorganized. How everything is under the drop bar but it doesn't really have very good caragories. Some weapons are under 2 or 3 titles gets a little confusing. Most websites have a rifles and pistoles split. Or a restricted and non-restricted split. While under the one drop bar it was calibers, manufactures, gun types. All under one drop bar. Again now suppose to be a hate thread just my two cents.
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    We switched over to Shopify awhile ago based on feedback from our old websites.

1) Live inventory: A few things that we had to address were the live inventory and having both the retail store and website talking to each other to keep that accurate. Errors in inventory have been reduced drastically making it easier for the clients and us to know what is actually in stock.

2) Categories: We get complaints all the time about this no matter what we do -

"Too many categories, I have to go through too many categories to get to the product"

"Too few categories, I have to scroll through too many products to find something"

"You have weird categories, why show military products when I can't buy them?"

"The kayak light should be in the light category" "The kayak lights should be with the kayaks"

It's an ongoing challenge based on personal likes and dislikes and I can't please everyone.

3) Search function: It didn't work well on our old sites. It works extremely well now.

Unfortunately the website is always an ongoing process depending on many factors and we are always trying to improve it.

Some people like the clean look, others want more flash and bling. It doesn't matter what we do some one will complain.

I'd have to agree with him, albeit not as horrible as he makes it seem, I've found that most firearm related websites have sub par categorization which makes it difficult to find specific items.
    While I'd love to have multiple categories and such for some products we do have subcategories on the right hand side with the Browse: drop down menu.

One of the reasons we don't have more categories for firearms is because we are only showing 49 different firearms. They basically all fit on one page We don't have the hundreds of different styles that most "gun stores" have.

One issue we'll probably always have is people expect us to have more firearms, ammo and accessories due to us having some in the first place. We've had people complain because they can't find a Weatherby 338 left handed bolt action rifle, Lee Enfield parts, SKS stocks etc on our website. It's not what we do.

We don't want to be Elwood Epps, or Williams Arms or MEC or DS Tactical etc. We want to do our own thing, which will cause issues for those who prefer a different product or style.

Hopefully this helps give some insight into things and hopefully you do find the website easier soon!
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    I agree, the search function does work VERY well now.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Website is fine, if i have a complaint, you guys should have some SR25 APC and EC in stock... Lol... JP.