Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RCMP calls SKS non restricted firearm an assault rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eatredmeat157 View Post
    Good thing I got one yesterday! After the thank you west rifle thread spurred me into action. If it ever comes to it I can sell it to mike from Canmore
    That Mike will be wanted for sure with all the firearms he's buying.LOL
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Bad Lieutenant;10596779]
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Can someone tell me is all semi auto then assault rifles? Listen to this video.

Can someone just summarize? I tried listening, but there's way too many "um"s and "ah"s. I'm glad this guy doesn't do audio books.
    Also with his Namino reference.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Anything can be labeled assault .. if you use it to assault someone. That video was to long too watch all of it… It was an Assault on my free time.
    Last edited by midnightpossum; 10-19-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    No retreat,No surrender

Pissed me off enough to write them a letter & explain to them what "assault" & "weapon" mean .
    move through life quietly , have your stuff ready to go at a moments notice.

This RCMP BS will be all gone when C-42 pass
    Gun control means using both hands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Egad! You mean I filled out my deer tag this year with an evil assault rifle?

Old video about an old news article... The funny thing is, my folks moved out to Nanaimo a few years ago (great place to retire, nice weather etc.) When I went out to visit this summer, my old man and I went out to the woods to plink with my "Soviet Era Assault Rifle" - and they had racks and racks of them at the local Wholesale Sports.

Article from the time of the original seisure:

http://metronews.ca/news/victoria/97...ssault-rifles/

Btw they have a prohibition agenda. The number 5 can include A LOT of firearms. Including "Assault rifle SKS" and "assault rifle M-14/M305/M1A".

http://static.globalnews.ca/content/...2012-00068.PDF
    Gun control means using both hands

Everyone BUCK UP with your grievances money effects elections give the Conservative party $$$$'s that's all we got. Trudue and the media party will have the time of there lives gutting us if we do nothing and simply whine and complain about how unfair this all is. The media party and justin are self righteous bigots that want nothing less then to see your favorite past time liquidated. It's a tax write off maybe 40% and better then doing nothing. Most of us piss 200 bucks away a weekend. Do what you can or you can reminisce about the days you used to own rifles to your kids and there children..

Lol.. Namino RCMP... Hmmm.. Think it's Nanaimo. Dude shouldn't be doing videos. Badddddd. Couldn't get through it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

I didn't watch the full video... but in response to OP question: Is an SKS an Assault Rifle? According to WIKI... I thought this was interesting:

Definition

The term assault rifle is a non-direct translation of the German word Sturmgewehr (literally "storm rifle", "storm" as in "military assault"). The name was coined by Adolf Hitler[11] as a new name for the Maschinenpistole 43,[nb 1] subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44, the firearm generally considered the first assault rifle that served to popularize the concept and form the basis for today's modern assault rifles.

The translation assault rifle gradually became the common term for similar firearms sharing the same technical definition as the StG 44. In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[12][13][14]

It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock)
    It must be capable of selective fire
    It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle
    Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable box magazine
    And it should at least have an effective range of 300 metres (330 yards)

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being called such.

For example:

Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 200 meters.[15]
    Select-fire rifles such as the FN FAL battle rifle are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
    Semi-automatic-only rifles like variants of the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.
    Semi-auto rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire.

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges.

An Assault Rifle according to this must have select fire - which means more than just single shot. Must be able to burst and/or have full auto capability. Therefore, by this definition, no firearms in Canada can legally be an assault rifle.

Hope that answers your question OP!
    You can never be too rich, too good looking or too well armed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast